Tuesday 31 August 2010

Come Down

So today took me back to work.

My Boss was being sickly nice and it soon became apparent why - I was needed to cover the work of a colleague on holiday. So there I was, first day back off holiday, rushing around at my quietest time of the month while my Boss checked up on her internet orders and chatted on the phone. My colleague who technically does the same job as me (definitely not in practice though...) had so little to do they ended up sweeping.

I wonder what she would do if she knew she did not have to be nice to me, to get me to do my job, to work, to do what I can between the hours of 9 and 5? Would she be mean all the time?

I see the cycles in her relationships with others as well - mine just seem a little more drastic because she never really actually likes me. Two people in a different department are it seems changing roles at the moment... one goes from non-friend to friend and the other from friend to non-friend - for now.... Given a little time it will flip back, it always does.

Returning to work was dull and depressing. It was nice to see certain people and that was it.

I also had no idea how tired the holiday had left me, until I had to go back to work. Sooo tired.

No comments: