Tuesday 1 March 2011

Shine Little Sister

Sometimes you meet a soul you feel very strongly drawn to. Some times you find a soul mate, a soul sister, a soul brother. You make a connection and it is a very real and special thing.

But change is the only inevitable thing.

Any relationship can only operate at such a high for a length of time, not forever.

I had love at first sight with F but our relationship has been through several different stages. We are just as in love, just as close but our bond is different to how it began.

And so it is with friendships of other sorts too.

I have a good friend whose star is shining brighter and brighter, so bright now, she blinds me. She has stepped on, upped her game. I havenot been left behind, I am still there, but no longer such a part of their life.

It would be easy to be resentful. Easy to be jealous. I want to be a star as well. Sometimes I could feel hurt. And honestly, sometimes I feel all of these things.

But you know what I feel most? I want my sister to succeed! Sine little sister, shine, shine as bright as you can!

Because as she learns to be a star, she shows me the way, or a way. She shows me that it can be. That it is possible. That I too, maybe, one day might learn to shine as bright myself.

No comments: