Wednesday 6 April 2011

Ode to a Storyteller

Sometimes you have a shock. A moment of loss.

20 years ago, probably with a few added on, I bought a book. Howl's Moving Castle. It became an instant favourite and I kept it. I have read that book many times. A real comfort book. A little treasure.

Years later I was reminded of it when I heard mention of the film. The film could never live up to that precious book for me.

Then tonight I suddenly discovered sequels I had no idea existed.....

So I looked her up on Amazon, Diana Wynne Jones. Many, many books for me to read..... And now for the loss. She died. About ten days ago from lung cancer. What a shame. I hope she knows wherever she is now, that her gift was appreciated far and wide, by many many people. So recent....

The author of much teen comfor to me, gone.

No comments: