Thursday 16 September 2010

Pizzazz

I sat and did nothing for four hours last night before bed. Just surfing the net and watching TV. I had stuff to say, just not the energy to say it....

Since coming back off holiday I have felt tired. I have been trying to get back on the healthy eating thing. All it seems to be doing though is making me feel tired and some days my stomach puffs up like a balloon and all I can do is gurgle.

Yesterday I had a little event - a gross one for sure but hey, it is a clue in my health problems. I sneezed a was shocked when a lump of stuff flew out and hit my hand. Seems I had a tonsil stone! Never heard of them? Well neither had I.... I looked on wiki and one of the causes can be dairy intolerance..hmm

On my good days I have smoothies topped up with yogurt and some days porridge topped with yogurt. Maybe I need to experiment and see if my gurgly tum days relate to yogurt. It seems odd the timing of the stone and all, so just maybe this is an answer.

When I first got IBS, I tried an exclusion diet and by gradually reintroducing things I discovered that cream and oranges were really, really bad (and still are) and that gluten and dairy were fairly bad. I excluded them which was great but pretty tricky. I struggled to stay with it and when I didn't I would be real ill. I slowly discovered best to eat them in small amounts rather than exclude, then I was not so ill when I did have them.

It seems this might not be an answer with all dairy.... Maybe I should experiment and see which types I can get away with eating and which I can't... and how much I can eat.

I need that calcium though...

So if this is the answer, maybe in a couple of days I will start to have a bit more pizzazz.... I want mroe of that for sure!

No comments: