Tuesday 7 September 2010

Time Out

Not sure I have much to say but for some reason, when I blog, I feel I have to check in everyday.... This is a bad habit. I ended up feeling like I had to post and then BOOM! I stopped altogether. I do seem to have a boom or bust personality. All or nothing. Frequently, nothing.

I did have a little fun today. I took my Happy Book mascot, Mina the Mouse to the beach (more on that later this week). The bit that amused me the most was as I was leaving the beach. I suddenly realised that the bag on my shoulder had a long damp, sandy mouse tail hanging out....

I realised on the beach that I have not spent enough time, stepping out of time. That bit of time at the beach was separate, No pressure, no stress. Just sun, sand and sea.... F is on the wrong shift today for me to see him at all, but just the right one so I felt no guilt about not going home. He finished work as I started and then started again as I finished.

This meant I didn't need to worry about Little Dog. Although I did feel guilty but I couldn't have taken her as the dog beach ban is still active for a few more weeks.

I need to do things like this more. And now I have broken free from World of Warcraft again, I need to ensure F breaks free now and again....

On that note, I found a really fun event for Halloween and F is up for going to, maybe with S as well. The Eden Project's Skate and Scare... The Eden Project is an old gravel bit that got taken over and turned in to a tourist attraction. It contains environmental educational things with two biomes - one tropical and one hot and arid one. They have a funky artistic sort of style and collaborate with various charities. They regularly do new things - such as put up a skating rink each winter or host pop concerts.

The Skate and Scare is an evening event for over 12's involving the biomes in pitch dark.... (and maybe some ice skating as well) oh what fun that sounds... F agreed.... Yay!

No comments: