Sunday 25 November 2012

Waspish

So since writing more about Wasps, they have not left me.

I saw quite a few on warmer days in October, but now they are either dead or hibernating.  One of my colleagues was out in the warehouse, tidying up and moving pallets to spring clean.  He was very surprised at how many Wasps they found and he assumed they were dead.  I wondered if they were hibernating there, thinking they were safe and if now they hibernate in landfill, buried until Spring comes....

I wondered if any had found my outhouse and hide safely there.  They will not be disturbed and they could get in, under the the edges of the wavy plastic roofing...  I like to think of a few out there, safeky dreaming the Winter away and then come Spring they can go and build nice nests on th ebanks of the railway track where they would also remain undistubed.

The other night, Wasp flew into my dreams again.  They were sleeping soundly amongst the bird seed I was keeping in an old bird house for my feathered friends and my activities drew them from sleep so that they buzzed around.  Then for some reason there was some sleeping in the purple crocs I wear round the house.

Maybe some small Waspish ideas of mine are happily taking flight from their long hiberntation in the before, when they were not Queens and Mistresses of their own fates.  Maybe it is their time, now to go into the world of Welcome and become.

That morning I looked at my emails and discovered one from Suzi entitled Wasps.... It contained a link to the most amazing post, full of close up pictures of Wasps and a defunct Wasp nest.  Cabinet of Curiousities is a Blog I shall be exlporing much further....  Itself links to this article which describes, poetically how Wasps lost the War this Summer.

...  Which they did.  I didn't see very many at all and this article sadly describes how the nest had many cells that had never had a larvae in them and sad pictures of larvae that had died or never managed to complete their change to Wasp.  The cold wet Summer really did not suit them and I hope that even so, there are plently of ladies in waiting to become Queens, dreaming in safe places.

1 comment:

expressoo said...

nice i like this blog posts thanks for sharing hope you will be post more informative information here.
http://www.expressoomug.com/p/world-news