Friday 9 March 2012

Moon of Affirmation Review

Began - 7th February
New Moon - 21st February
Ended - 8th March

Not sure where I put my Dreamboard so I shall have to post that later.....

I think this moon has changed my view of Affirmation considerably. I was not very sure what was going on at the beginning, what the theme was, where it was heading. The previous moons Initiator Wind meant it hit like a hurricane but this months Nomad Wind (first half) has meant this moon has been less harsh but just as powerful.

An affirmation was to me, all about making statements of what you are or wished to be to strengthen those aspects of yourself or bring them in to your life. Very positive and strong and maybe a bit glossy and pretty. I thought it would be a very positive happy month because I was affirming all that was good about myself and while this could be one interpretation, I no longer see it as the only one. I think it is the light side, the day time, but without a doubt there is a dark side or night time as well. Not that that means bad at all!

What I have learnt is that Affirmation is as much about stating what you are not, what is not yours as stating what you are and what is yours. This has been brought home in so many subtle instances this month (and I am really, really glad that it did not get the sledge hammer approach as it would have really disrupted my life!).

My ghost has been introduced to me this month, firstly he appeared as a nameness sad emotion, a depression of sorts that I just knew was not mine. Once I realised it was not mine, it became easier to deal with because I did not have to take it on board fully then. Synchronicity and a good deal of questioning has helped with this, but the impact on my sleep and my dreams has been considerable.

The Nomad wind helped get to grips with this and understand it but the second half of the month was the Peacekeeper wind. Don't see the word and think they are all sweetness and light. Peacekeepers defend the peace, so they are more than up to fighting when they need to. They are also well able to start conflict in order to bring about greater peace. Not sure I know much more about them yet....

So the sleep disruption has continued and there has been some very grim and gory dreams, the sort I naturally recoil from and fight to forget, not remember. And the lack of sleep has not decreased either.

The exploration of affirming what you are and are not has been explored in so many ways! I found myself having a conversation the other day about how some people are very strongly defined by their partner in life. I told a story of a relative who was lovely when he was with his first wife but after she died and he remarried he changed. His new wife is argumentative, selfish and more than a little unpleasant. He no longer speaks to either of his children or sees his grandchildren. In fact he emigrated. His brother is very ill and has asked if he would come over to visit one last time. He has been very non-commmital about coming over and has certainly not even really wanted to talk on the phone....

And as I thought, this change is not that uncommon. I can think of several examples! The man whose wife gave him a ral depth but after her death he lost this depth and became very materialistic and appearance orientated. The lady whose twin committed suicide, which caused her to take up her dead twins life and personality for many years. The man with the controling girlfriend who buys her an expensive present for her birthday but when it comes to his birthday he gets nothing because it is a 'bad' time of the year and they have to start saving for their wedding....

All these people do not stand firm in their knowledge of who and what they are. They believe the strongest persons views and characteristics are their own - for good and bad.

At the begining I did kind of understand that 'I AM' is an affirmation. Of existance certainly, but now I see it as the most powerful affirmation going because it says so very, very much. It says to me now I know myself, i know the good and the bad, all of it, for better and for worse but I also know all that I am not. And this has been explored in so many ways within my community within so many topics - boundaries, silence, mental conditions (in view of the noise they can create within your head) and family / ancestral aspects.

The other thing I have realised this Moon is sometimes, when we are being a bit hard on ourselves about what we are not, the Universe affirms what we are instead. We just have to listen to these gentle reminders and then live in what we are instead.

I am fat and unfit. I lack stamina and getted tired easily. I had Chronic Fatigue years ago, and with each year there is a little less of it. Now I am pretty normal, just fat and unfit. I was focusing on this a little too much. So I received the lesson, Hey you may be fat and unfit but you are STRONG! I have learnt that the little voice that makes me leave home on time to get to work and makes me go the right way, sometimes has ulterior motives - sometimes it makes me earyly and sends me a specific way in order to help.

The other week, a junction was blocked by a land rover that had broken down. I offered to help push. Unfortunately not a single person from the queue of cars waiting offered to help! They all sat and watched the fat woman push a Land Rover, by herself! There luckily was a little bit of a hill but I still had to get it up the curb and then over a bump into some parking but I did it! And I felt pretty good after!

The other affirmation I recieved was this. I can be a little reserves with new people - I don't immediately let everyone see all of me. Much of my humour requires ease with individual people. F is the one who charms everyone on first meeting, not me. But my relationship with him allows me to be more charming on first meeting people too, because I bounce off him... Anyway, we saw a friend recently who told me her boyfriend was really disappointed that he couldn't be there because he had really enjoyed meeting me... Me out of everyone else in the group. That felt nice. I guess some people like a slightly calmer approach....






I had no idea what I was looking for for this months picture until I found it. I couldn't find a picture of the moon that fitted for me, but this one is perfect! I also found this story much much harder to bring together into a coherent narrative. It doesn't feel as finished as right as last months...

Once upon a time she awoke and suddenly there was so much. She could see everything, hear everything, feel everything, smell everything, taste everything. It was too much, overwhelming, drowning out who she was. What was she?

She pulled her black shawl around herself and drowned everything out. From inside this quiet place she looked inside herself, listened to herself, felt how she felt, smelt all she could smell and tasted everything. She started to realise who she was and where she was in everything.

She realised that in order to learn more of who she was, she needed to look outside of herself, so she opened up her shawl a tiny little bit, just enough to let in a little light, a little sound, a little smell, a little feeling. It felt good and she did not lose herself in it this time.

Gradually she let her shawl fall more and more, until she looked out upon the entire Universe and it was good. She was Moon striding across the heavens and when she looked at Earth, sometimes she could see little reflections of herself in all the water. Sometimes when she listened to the stars singing around her, she could hear her own song reflected back to her.

But gradually she felt that she had had enough and she pulled her shawl around herself again, so that she might Dream and Think and Be. But she knew she would be back, shining bright in the sky soon, being herself and all that she was.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah...love this.

i really like the idea of affirming what is NOT as well as what Is....i think that's an extremely important point that we tend to gloss over in the quest of positivity...:)

loving hearing about all of this..it's so interesting.

xoxo

Rose said...

It was pretty important for me that's for sure....