Sunday 11 March 2012

Moon of Drama Introduction

So last Thursday we entered the Moon of Drama. It's negative is Repression so I guess to me that says that Drama means Expression. Drama in terms of Expression means to me the playing out of stories, looking for themes in our lives and acting them out. Bringing out those themes into the outside world.

I have had years of this moon at ages 3, 16 and 29. I am not aware of bad things happening in those years. I don't remember anything from age three, but at 16 I had newly recovered from my first attack of Glandular Fever and had left my hated school to go to College to take my A-Levels. I discovered that I did fit somewhere and that people liked me. I discovered as well that I was popular with the biys and had my pick of who to 'go out with'. It was all pretty innocent back then!

At 29 I had recently given up on trying to find Environmental work down here and had signed up with an Admin temping agency again. I found myself working for a lovely bunch of ladies who made good use of my abilities and creativity. During this year I started a jewellery making course and learned beadwork. It was the year my creativity re-blossomed. It was also the year F asked me to marry him.

So this has historically been a good time for me to express myself or an aspect of myself and for it to find acceptance in the world.

Wheelkeeper and Wapeyit discuss this Moon a little. There is a further aspect to this moon of mimicing that which we admire in order to become it. Who we choose as our role models says a lot about us as people and who we are on the inside and what stories we would like to bring out. The way in which a 3 year old mimics what they find beautiful is very relevant to this moon and it makes me wonder what I found beautiful back then...

The thing that springs to mind is David Bellamy. Not sure how widely known / remembered he is but he was a Botanist who loved nothing better than to squelch around in bogs. When I was little I adored his programs and my parents brought me one of his books one birthday or Christmas called Botanic Man. This was released when I was two but I suspect it was brought for me during my first year of Drama. This fascination with the outdoors never left me and I still think bogs and mores and swamps are very, very beautiful....

So the natural world, social acceptance / popularity and creativity have been the three themes of my years of Drama. I have a little less than four weeks to manifest some smaller aspect of my inner self, some small thing that I find beautiful. What would I like to bring out? What will life find a way for me to bring out?

This puts an interesting spin on this months Dreamboard which contains the following images: a head with it's top part up like a lid showing the brain, with rays coming out on a background of stars, a section of face wearing sunglasses, a narrow path in a wood lit up by sunlight, people reading books in hammocks, a reindeer staring into the distance, a woman swinging her hair around, a brightly coloured lizard, the word filth, eyes - lots of them - shut, open and mystical looking. Then there are words too....

This months dreamboard is a little different from previous ones in it's look and feel. It is not serene, there is a lot of examination, self-understanding, seeing and fun in it.... It is full of Drama for sure and the Reindeer makes me think of the spirit of my drum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! i LOVE David Bellamy...his big, bushy beard and YES..the way he would squelch about in the bogs and pick up the slimiest of things with his bare hands! Fascinated me when i was small!

wow but i am really LOVING these bits on the moons...it speaks to me in a way that traditional astrology doesn't quite touch...feeling a deep connection to the moon as i do....

i'm definitely going to ponder this...and dig up what i'd like to bring out in my life...

thanks so much for writing about this...

xoxoxox

Rose said...

No problem my Mel! I intend to keep going with this because I am finding it so very useful... And somehow it does not surprise me that you love David too!