Saturday 5 November 2011

Calendar Girl

Sooo overtime is sucking the life from my life and my healthy eating and exercise has stalled but we are back on it today for sure.... There is just so much I have not done, have to do, want to do... and it seems as if there is just not enough energy and impetus to do it!

I still have not done my thank yous from the wedding.....!! but a friend gave me a great idea yesterday - calendars. You can design your own calendars online and get them printed and sent to you... So my plan looks like this now....

Personal calendars for immediate family as bonus Xmas pressies.
Family calendars to my older relatives and close friends as their Xmas presents with their thank you letters and Xmas cards.
Desk calendars with thank yous and Xmas cards for family and friends

I think if things are a bit late but look thoughtful and genuine, then people are more likely to let me off! I can make all the calendars focus on the family and friends in question too as I could not face sending someone a calendar of hundreds of photos of me!

I received two new books today - another two dummies guides to.... I like these books because you know they are broad introductions to a subject. Sometimes you buy a book on a subject and it is focused too much on one aspect or on the authors views. This is fine if the subject is one you already know something about but not when you want an introduction. So now I have books on IBS and Meditation to add to my Neuro Linguistic Programming and Tai Chi.... and I have Florence! *does happy dance*

Time to get moving again on my life I think!

2 comments:

mel said...

brilliant idea with the calendar!! i seem to remember that you're officially *allowed* an entire year after the wedding to get thank-yous out....

so no worries. :D

Florence!! happy dancing along with you!!

xo

Rose said...

So glad about having a year! *does a happy dance*

I think we are the best dancers int he world!