Thursday 10 November 2011

Crow Magic

So, as is always the way not a lot happens, but so much happens.

Little pieces of magic flow in and out of my life and sometimes I have to sit with them a while before I share them. Sometimes, even this mostly anonymous blog feels too exposed. The magic requires too much detail to explain to just leave it sat here for anyone to read. It feels like an invasion of others privacy so I always feel the desire to be careful.... And Cornwall is such a smal place! Everyone knows everyone else - somehow! And often there are multiple connections....

So sharing magic that impacts on others is hard....

And so often magic can be a little intangible.

How do share a strange dream state, known as hypnagogia, which is a sort of cross over point between waking and sleeping. For me, a bit like trying to tune an old fashioned telly in and picking up many channels in quick succession. I experienced this three times with a short space of time and on the third time a message came through. A message so harsh for the person it involves that I can not share it here, dare not even repeat it more than neccessary in case that makes it come true. I am reduced to watching and waiting for any signs of a crack forming.

But this makes it sound like I am anxious about it. Some part of me is but it is a separate part, as if I am full of many streams that intermingle at will but often lie side by side. I am all of them, but the every day me, is not always the same as the magic me.

Then there was a funeral where my hands turned hot and tingly but not in a pins and needles way. Now I need to explore this sign of healing and see if I can find out what is required.

But as I say, nothing on the surface has changed, but the waters within me are running deeper than ever. My confidence is growing as is my belief.

Crow continues to stalk me, and yesterday sea gull got in on the act as well. I remember one day I was driving, and a crow, magpie and gull flew over head, perfectly placed so that their flightpaths made an equilateral triangle. They were all flying at the same speed and were the same distance from each other. I guess I know I need to accept Crow and Seagull, I know they have some significance to me, but Magpie is the one that I like best.

But on my Samhain spread, Crow was my future. And I can see this, i can see how it is developing. I have a tribe now of two magpies and three crows. They watch for me. I know food is a great motivator, but if they did not trust me, they would not come so close.

Today I drove in to work and there was a dead rabbit on the verge. A crow was sat on it, having itself some breakfast. I don't think the eating of carrion is anyone's favourite thing about the Corbae.... Luckily I am not squeamish. I already felt like this was a sign, but this was confirmed when a colleague later asked me if I had seen it and proceeded to tell me that sea gulls had fed too.

Rabbit is / was one of my totems. Rabbit is the fear caller and I do not feel so fearful any more. Rabbit has taught me well and I am grateful for everything it has given me, and that I hope it continues to give to me. I do want to have some fledglings of my own sometime soon.... but anyway there was Crow, eating my fear.

Crow has taken note of me, and tucked me under it's wing. I think it respects my love of it's cousin Magpie. I don't think it matters if I don't feel quite the same way about Crow. Maybe Crow is just doing Magpie a favour.... *laugh* So I think that Crow is riding the wind of magic that feels as if it is flowing more strongly in to my life than ever before.

And what of Sea Gull? No idea. Not gotten that far yet, but I reckon Sea Gull is not going to go away, even if it has not called me yet.

2 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

its funny how your/our animal tribe find you and how we interpret the signs and symbols given to us.
i started pathworking some years ago and used this (and the use of oracle cards) as a way of finding the god and goddess and more recently any animal totems.

Rose said...

I am not sure I know what pathworking is exactly Laoi. Totems are new to me too, but even before I knew about them and related them to myself, I still had my Magpies....