Wednesday 30 November 2011

Dream / Reality

I have had several posts in mind over the last few days but somehow they have all evaporated. There seems to be a lot going on in my head right now, and a lot in the world too....

I went journeying at the weekend and had an emotional time of it. My parents are selling my childhood home and I went and met the spirits of that wonderful place, and got to say good bye from them and hear their guidance. I ended up crying a lot which is something I hate in public! I also was a tree in another journey and that was an unexpectedly sensual journey.

After going journeying I always think about instruments (and our lack of). last week I saw some decorative gourds in Tesco so the other night I went to hunt for them so I could make some rattles. I failed and I was quite cross with myself for not having bought them when I saw them...

That night I dreamt. F and I were driving along and saw a roadside stall with some nice gourds but nowhere to stop. Then there was a second stall and F agreed to turn round and go back to it. But then we had stopped and F was no longer there. There was magpie feathers on the ground and I was collecting them. I picked up one item and then realised it was a magpie head. I dropped it in shock (and a very Westernised sort of horror). I then realised that I should have taken it and went to pick it up again but it was dark and I was now stood on sand and I could not find it....

In a facebook group I belong to there has been recent talk about dreaming with different items - bones, crystals etc. I have experimented with Amethyst and Calcite a little (don't use Amethyst for dreaming unless you want a good nights rest and dull dreams!). A magpie skull would be quite something for me to dream with. At my journeying group I had a conversation with a lady which involved comments about how much you should take. I kinda believe that it is not an invasion to take everything - that to use everything is to prevent waste, however we are pretty squeamish about such things.....

So this was an odd dream given the gourds and conversations going on....

But the world is strange..... There is so much going on beyond the news they want us to listen to. The average person in the Western world is pretty unsettled right now.... F was on strike today and went on a march. Apparently there was a lot of support from passersby etc. Governments have gotten it wrong. The world is changing.

2 comments:

mel said...

ha! i wear an amethyst necklace all the time...maybe that's why i don't ever remember my dreams. i'm not complaining about the good night's sleep i usually get though....;)

i'm glad you got to say goodbye to the spirits around your parent's home....but sad that you had to do so.

xoxox

Rose said...

Apparently, in dreaming terms, Amethyst keeps us to this reality. The dreams I had were all work based and home based. No exotic locales, no unfamiliar faces. It is a grounding stone that brings clarity... but not creativity...

It was sad but very uplifting too...