Wednesday 14 December 2011

Snippets of Meaning

OK, so I believe in the power of dreams, I believe in synchronicity, in magic, in journeying within your own mind. So recently, I have been carrying along on this path and i thought I would write down some of the things waiting to be fully connected.... So this is me digging through these experiences and trying to put things together....

****

A recent journey saw me merging into the tree that is my journeying anchor. I sunk down and out of it's roots, tunneled through the soil as a mole before popping up above ground as a human again. I then ended up covering myself in clay, then sticking leaves on to the clay, before i went and merged again with a tree. Time started traveling very quickly, or rather, i slowed right down so everything else appeared to speed up. i found myself dormant underground several times before sprouting up again as another tre. Sometimes i was a human climbing in my trees branches. There were lots of magpies living in my branches.

Now the focus of the day was connecting with the earth, which I sure did. I am not sure what I learned exactly.... But I found this article on the shamanic connection with trees and i also found a section of Wapeyit's blog post on Intimacy very relevant.

It seems that the shaman is very connected to their tree and the world tree is fundamental to shamanic culture. The tree grows between the realms and is an important gateway. The tree can represent the world, a community or an individual shaman. I did feel that in merging with my tree, that it was mine, not a community tree. This tree often has inhabitants and these are spirits in their own right. Trees sometimes nurture the soul of shaman and the animals that appear in the tree are important, which confirms Magpies importance to me because there was quite a lot of them! I also climed to the very top of my tree.

Now the one thing that really surprised me in all of this was how sensual this journey was. The feel of the clay on my body, the feel of the rough bark of the tree as we came together to merge. It really took me aback. Wapeyit talks about intimacy with nature and how.....No point me explaining it all, go read it! but it made sense and explained what was going on in my journey as well.

So getting to meet my tree and becoming part of it and finding my magpies in my branches and being intimate with Mother Earth.... all good. It was a nice journey for sure!

****

Wapeyit, as a result of a dream I had, suggested I should be trying to dream at a higher level and reaching out to my Magpie within my dream. I did this and well, that is a story in itself, but not for now. She then suggested I follow the synchronicity for a few days after. And this is the story of those happenings....

On the way to work the following day I saw a flock of birds. i can't remember the last time I saw one. They fly so tight together and wheel around as if they are one, in an ever changing shape.... I could watch flocks like this for ever.... The following morning on the way to work, Flockhart jumped off the side of a van at me. The words Flock and Heart led me to this video....



In this video, six people materialise, one of whom is wearing an animals head. They help an egg of energy come out of the ground and then take it to a hall. They lie around it and then it cracks open to reveal lots of people in heart costumes dancing around with people holding rainbows and ladies carrying rabbits....

On the first day I also had quite a gathering of birds at lunchtime, including a few too many gulls and some crows invading my normal crows territory (they got seen off pretty quick!). A tiny little Pied Wagtail wandered right in to the middle of all this and managed to get some bread. I always think of these little birds as being little pieces of happiness... The way their tails wag and their colouring - like little mini-magpies....

So... I don't find the thinking easy behind working out what things mean - it takes time, and effort, and a certain .... flexibility that is not what my brain with it's scientific training finds easy. There is no manual of interpretation. I am so at the beginning of this, but I do want to learn....

So I guess the heart of a flock should be happy and full of love. Except the heart is everywhere because the entire flock is as one. This makes me wonder what flock exactly am I moving in perfect synch with?

****

The other thing that really stuck out was a drop of water falling from above into my open hands (the mobile phone in them is immaterial). The drop was not real though, which is fine - I find I am getting more flexible and able to cope with real and non-real stuff side by side. One part of my brain knows it was light reflecting in the drops of water on my windscreen, caught out of the corner of my eye, the other part of brain does not care.

Outstretched hands receiving water is an image we have all seen, but I am not sure I really have any idea at all what it means.... So this is my e-hunt...

I found these beautiful images... Who knew there was so much beauty and variety within a drop of water?

Two hands with a drop of water with the Earth inside it is a symbol of environmental protection.

and a verse from a song... Little drops of water, little grains of sand, make the mighty ocean and the beauteous land.

Water has so many meanings and uses... cleansing, relieveing thirst, the water of life....

and this book....

So what does a gift of a drop of water mean? I think easier to ask what it couldn't mean.....

No comments: