Saturday 14 April 2012

Aftermath

Today was supposed to be a busy action packed day. Instead F is ill and tucked up in bed and the next few days are going to be even busier than they should have been. As I write, he snores. And I feel as if I have lost my get up and go for the day... Sat here feeling a little sorry for myself! For no very good reason.

I have lots of things I could do to prepare for all the niceness to shortly come... I could iron. I could pack some of my smaller things. Then I need to go buy Vitamin C for F. Instead I am here whining....

It is a beautiful sunny day out and if F had been well we would have finished his shopping and probably have gotten tea out. Now I face a day of being by myself. I just hope he shakes this cold quickly and that I don't get it.

Of course I know what is really getting me down.

Last night I hit a cat with my car.

It was on the opposite side of the road, watching with great enthusiasm some small scurrying thing in the grass. i saw it there and started to slow, to watch more than anything else, but I think my car startled it and it ran, just before I came alongside. And of course it ran the wrong way, it ran away from the nice verge it was stood by, towards my car. I braked as soon as I saw it run of course, but even so I felt a clunk.

Then the cat was off and running in the opposite direction into a field and then right and away. I was pretty much stopped by this time so I moved off and parked a few yards on and we got out. No sign of the cat at all. No moggy hanging out in the field, no blood on the road, no blood on my car. I choose to think that I had slowed enough, that I could not possibly have run over him for he was still able to run at high speed and there was no blood. Even so, running into a moving car has got to hurt!

My car is quite low to the ground and a cat would need to crawl to get under so the cat needn't have run into the wheel, it could have run into the body of my car but the impact felt around about my wheel, which is why I thought at first I had run it over.

I think that cat has to be one of the stupidest and luckiest around right now. I think it ran into my car wheel and if it had been a fraction of a fraction of second either way, I think the cat would have ended up partially under my car and been hurt badly. What I hate most is that I couldn't help the cat and I will never know for sure what happened to it.

So I am just busy dwelling on the cat. I need to get my behind in to gear and go get medicine for the man and then come home and iron things and think happy thoughts.

Just today doesn't feel like a happy day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, love. (((((hugs)))))

cats are remarkably resilient....he might have a bit of a headache, perhaps....

but i know how it feels. a deer ran into the side of my car once -- same sort of scenario, it darted the WRONG way...utterly devastating...it went arse over tea-kettle into the shrubbery and then picked itself up and ran off...well, to the best of my knowledge because i didn't find a "body". caved in the side of my car, though...i drove all the way to school, sobbing, with my radiator hanging out...:P

hope F perks up...better that he get his cold now than before your hols....{*squeeee*}

iron? you iron? amazing...i thought it was a lost art....:D

sending lots of love....xoxoxox

Rose said...

Oh my love! The Deer incident sounds awful and traumatic.... F is looking a little perkier after his day in bed and I can't wait!

I know aboutt he ironing but some of those nice tops really don't come out the washing machine in a ready to wear state... I am so glad I have a job which does not require ironing though!