Monday 9 April 2012

Moon of Drama Review

OK so this Moon has not been overly dramatic, not for me at least. There has been drama going on around me, in other peoples lives but they have been able to cope with their own things mostly and have not involved me in it. The biggest drama in my life has been the organisation of a hen party that finally took place, thankfully.

I am going to have to be a little fuzzy here but basically, I and some friends had to organise it and it has been difficult from the beginning. whereas we let people take control of ours and trusted them to do something good, she couldn't do that. Every detail was passed by her, sometimes contradictory requirements were given, things changed with very little warning. The thing was though, instead of getting caught up in her Drama, I found myself disengaging from the process. I did what I needed too, but my emotional investment was pretty low.

Come the big day and she behaved very badly. Nothing we did was right. She was rude and ungrateful. The friend who had stayed emotionally invested in it all was devastated and ended up in tears at the end. I had a nice time and enjoyed it all, because I refused to be tied up in her unhappiness and drama. It was unnecessary. And not mine.

The rest of the month has been very much about value, community and fear. This month has been all about the Rabbit for sure, which is without a shadow of a doubt my totem for this month. They have been everywhere. I have come to love my Rabbit very much.

i don't think I have too much to add to the Moon of Drama from my first introductory post really, so on to the dreamboard. I think the words 'Enjoy everything regreat nothing' are very important when it comes to Drama, you can't let things pull you down too much, not when they are things that don't really matter in the long run. I also had 'escape to the real world', and maybe that is the meaning of all this too - the dramas themselves are artifical. I also had 'never alone' and certainly in learning to value my family of totems, i really am never alone.... One of them is never far away. Jackdaw (moon of Affirmation) likes to fly over and Kar at me when I am having doubts. and I certainly learnt to value Wasp...

As for the pictures.... Happy multicoloured lizard is just happy and cool and funky - at ease in his skin. Lounging around in hammocks reading books - well baths and books always feature in my life! The reindeer is very important to me right now. The sunlight coming through to the woodland floor looks like a path and to be honest although there has been drama all around, my path has been full of light and peace. Not sure I need to say much about the rest of it...

This is my picture of the month, a lovely picture of a piece of work created using shibori and indigo dye, it shows a silhouette of a Rabbit against the Moon. Nothing really could be more simple, graceful and appropriate for this past few weeks.... Not posted here because it is all rights reserved...

So on to my story for this moon. It takes a bit of a diversion to other ones I have written. This last drum circle we took a journey to become really, really big and to fill the universe. Into this journey popped an image of an old lady carrying a bag on her back with stars in it. I was only able to find hints about her and my facebook group was able to give me even more hints. She exists but she is old and lost under a veil of religion and myth. So here is my story for her...

The stars in the sky are little pieces of beauty, shining bright and singing their hearts out. They never sleep but they do eventually become tired. They do die. They have to die in order to sleep and dream, so they can be reborn as stars to shine bright and sing new songs that they brought with them back from the dreaming. They can only shine as long as they still have songs left to sing, but they dream so well, they have many, many songs....

There is a lady who cares for the stars and it is her sacrifice that enables them to have somewhere to sleep and dream in safety. She is older than the oldest star as it was her that took them out of her bag and palced them in the sky. Well at least most of them... Coyote had a little bit of fun when he stole her bag and spilt stars across the sky to make the Milky Way, but that's another story.

She is stooped and walks slowly. Her hair is white and pulled up tight around her hair and tied in knots at the back to make a bun. Her eyes hold more twinkles than any star and there is a joy and humour that makes her look so young, but yet so old. On her back she has a bag, but it is a very special bag. It has two opening because it is a tube with the strap going from one end to the other. One opening sits just behind her right shoulder but the other sits at her waist by her left hip.

When she put the stars in the sky she pottered along and took handfuls out the bottom with her right hand and scattered them across the sky. Each handful had a name, the bear, the swan, the hunter and she spoke their names as she walked the sky. Sometimes she would take one star and place it by itself, or take two and put them really close together. She always knew where to put them and as soon as she took them from her bag they would wake up and remember their songs and begin to sing and she would smile.

The stars got to sing their songs in any order they liked so they could choose how they went. Some would sing their songs to a crescendo and burn themselves out in one glorious burst. Others would gently sing themselves out in a slow dimming. Every star was different and they always had the right song. And no matter how they went, she was always there, as their light went out, she would pluck them from the sky and throw them over a shoulder with her left hand into the waiting mouth of the bag. Once in the bag they would sleep, gently rocked by the sway of her slow and rolling gait. Sleeping and dreaming.

She will always be there, gently doing her duty, surrounded by the singing stars, until the last star goes to sleep and then she will sleep too, for a time at least, until the nect time a star wakes up. No one knows how she began or remembers her at the beginning, or at least no, one old enough to remember has shared the tale, but the stars remember their previous lives and sometimes they sing of them, and they sing of her and how the first thing they ever saw was her eyes twinkling back at them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

utterly amazing.

i hope you're collecting all these stories somewhere....:)

sorry to hear the hen party didn't go well, but i'm glad you were able to disconnect from the drama. it's a very freeing thing to step out of all the crazymaking...

xoxoxo

Rose said...

Thank you my lovely! These stories are just collecting themselves on here for now...

To be honest, i enjoyed the party and thought it went well *grin*