Wednesday 5 December 2012

Work

Well I can't say too much really but things at work have gotten tricky and annoying.  We have a variety of people who can not currently fill their normal roles within the team.  We also have a variety of people who do not wish to pull their weight.  The two may or may not coincide but the combined situations are putting a lot more pressure on those in the team who do work hard, all day, every day.

When you are behind and busting a gut to catch up and there is someone else who is supposed to also be doing that job who is working at less than a fifth the speed you are it is kind of frustrating.  They avoid our core task as much as possible, doing anything they can to escape it and when they do do it, they surf the net, chat, text as much as they can.  The worst thing is my Boss is sat right there!

This moon is all about what to keep in and what to keep out - Drama with it's flip side of repression, or to me, getting it out, versus keeping it in.  Now, in chatting with my Boss about the situations in the team I have mentioned my partner in crime's attitude but my Boss does not want to see it and certainly does not want to deal with it.  How far do you have to go?  Do I need to pull with the work log and shove it in my Bosses face?  Do I need to suggest that I might feel inclined to take it to my Boss's Boss if my Boss fails to do anything?

The problem is my Boss is half the problem - there is a lack of direction for most of the team at times, a trusting that we know what to do and will do it, so weaker, less motivated members of the team tend to drift.  My Boss also often sits and surfs the net, spends large amounts of time on personal calls, takes long lunches, disappears who knows where for long periods of time.

I am furstrated that is for sure, but I also don't wish to watch potential overtime pilling up for Christmas.

So the question here is balance.  How much should I keep in and how much should I let out?

No comments: