Tuesday 25 January 2011

Good Bye

Sometimes people walk in and walk out of your life before you really had time to notice their presence. Sometimes you think they were going to be there longer. Sometimes they stay longer than you thought.

Sometimes you meet someone for a few moments and they resonant through your life. Sometimes their words and actions sink into your subconscious and they can have a huge effect that you don't recognise till later, if ever.

Cause and effect are hard to untangle. Mostly.

The night I met F, will live on in my memory for ever as well as for the change it caused in my life. The night that I experienced love at first sight.... but then, that's another story.

A few short weeks ago, someone different and interesting walked into my life and now they have walked out again with hardly a good bye. I thought they might cause ripples in my life but instead they appear to have had virtually no effect on my life, except to make me think about generousity.

Who knows what else is going to walk through the door of my life. I know that this virus is lingering.....

1 comment:

mel said...

hmmmmmm....interesting. maybe that was their only purpose....to make you think about generosity...

strange though, how that all works sometimes..

xo