Wednesday 19 January 2011

A Magpies Collection

I have not left myself much time to write this morning so this is going to take snippet form...

***

Last months dreamboard never got posted. It's images of storms and stars, women as crone carrying sticks, warrior, dancing child.... yes it matched last month. It was a primal month, a month where things moved and shifted, and beyond that who can say? I will be looking back at it all and wondering for months to come....

I did my new dreamboard last night because I wanted to and I will be busy tonight. It features a landscape of mud and mist, empty of all but bear paw prints. Hands holding a bonsai tree, a seedling, a solitary plant in a desert, a plant of words growing from cracked mud, a horse joyfully rolling, a cave painitng of a bull and the milky way with a sign pointing to it....

So my guess would be, a month of slow quiet growth.

***

I learnt quick not to feed the magpies unless they are there. The sharp eyes of gulls spoted my bread and swopped before the magpies had returned and spotted it. So the other day, they were there ad I threw some to them, but my throw was pathetic and it landed to close to my car for their happiness. They waited to long as some crows spotted it. One of the pair, suddenly brave got one piece before it was too late but the rest fell to the crows and I resented this a little, which takes me back....

Shortly before Solstice, there was a dream, a wing of crow, a wing of gull and the something in between, the magpie I think. Black white and mixed up...

Solstice morning drivng to Big Hill... Three birds flew ahead, their flight paths making a perfect triangle. Something shouted in me at this picture of crow, gull and magpie, screamed more likely. A dream resonance. A meaning....

So I am trying to like the gulls and crows to but my heart lies mostly with the 'pies. Although Ihave to be careful feeding them....

Yesterday I sat in my car and realised I was being watched from a few feet away, to the left a large gull and to the right, the crow, with his two pals nearby. Oh but birds learn quick! I would make no friends at work gathering birds to me like this I feel....

***

I have been feeling ungenerous. We talk of ebay. We talk of car boot sales. We talk of books going on amazon. But it never happens. We sit in a house full of stuff we don't want or need. Charity is the way forward...... Let others use it and so what if i get nothing for it? In reality I have all I need already.....

No comments: