Saturday 24 September 2011

Beat the Drums

I went to a my first ever drumming and journeying circle and it was really good. It feels 'right' where other pagan gatherings have not been a perfect fit. It was fun as well, with people having a laugh and being genuine and nice. Although there was darker sides to it, that was more about where some of the journeys took us....

F really surprised me when I told him about by saying he would come to. I was really, really surprised. And a little concerned. I didn't think he had very much idea of what he was going to. Reading the odd paragraph here and there in books I leave lying around..... But he was quietly firm.

This morning he told me that a work colleague, suddenly and out of the blue asked him what he knew about shamanism. At this point I took it a quiet little sign that he was definitely supposed to come with me.

He surprised me some more by showing natural skill at identifying peoples illnesses. And surprised me further by wanting to come again.

I like having a partner, who, even after all these years, still has the power to surprise me.....

1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

so glad you had a good time and that F wanted to join you.

i have been a pagan for years but it is only in the last 7 or so years i 'outed' myself so to speak#became mor eopenly active rather than keeping it all inside.

swampy in fact one day said to me 'dont try to convert me or anything', of course i never would. but over the years i have noticed a change in him and he became more open. he started to read the Stonewyld books after meeting Kit Berry, and became involved in the forum and went to gatherings (he had no choice since i gave up driving anyway!. at a handfasting last year i was not sure how he would be with the participation but he joined in and loved it. next week we go to the Dolmen's Free Spirits camp where there will be an opening ritual so i am hoping he will join in.
i think allowing people the time and space they absorb and become more open :)