Sunday 25 September 2011

Small Changes

I have struggled with diet for a long time. New thinking on diets seems to be that you should eat natural, unprocessed foods and never let yourself get hungry. Easier said than done....

I was a bad snacker. The effort of preparing healthy meals often meant I had run out of steam for snacks as I tried to make everything too fancy. Snacks for me were crisps, chocolate, cake, sweets and biscuits. My fancy efforts were always doomed to failure die to a lack of time anc convenience. When you work, it just isn't possible to do everything!

So my diets were always doomed and I was a yoyo dieter in effect, because I had not found a way to make it work for me.

So when someone suggested graze.com I was more than happy to give it a go. And it was good. The foods were healthy but nice. I realised that variety is essential in snacks. Buying a bag of nuts and leaving it in your desk is not going to work. You need different snacks for throughout the day and different snacks for different days.

Not cheap to have that much variety. Not cheap to buy daily snack boxes by post either. In fact much more expensive in the long run.

F also realised that this was something that would be good for him as well, particularly as he has a job now where he can be on the go a lot with unpredictable breaks.

It made sense to invest in tupperware and a selection of stuff for the pair of us and for me to put together a few little boxes of stuff each evening for the following day. It only takes a few minutes. So we have nuts and dried fruit and seeds and crackers and all sorts of nice things and we mix 'em up.

Shortly after starting this, I also started listening to Paul mcKenna's, I Can Make You Thin again and the two have been working well together.

All of a sudden my IBS is a problem again though. As soon as I start being good and everything gets better, I have to start being careful with what I eat again. Mayo is now a problem as is chocolate......

But yesterday I had to do up my belt an extra notch. Never used that notch before. And all this with very little effort. My jeans feel looser around the legs as well. It won't be long before I need to buy a smaller size. And how great is that?

No comments: