Friday 2 September 2011

After the Storm

So here I am. I am not in a place where I can describe my wedding. I am in that time after an event that you worked hard on, that you looked forward to, that was so enjoyable, so very tiring, that you put hear5t and soul into, where you are too drained to really comment on all the greatness.

I am, for the moment, worn out. Today has been a day of departing family and tiredness. I know this is a natural reaction though, and I am not fighting it, I am going with it. I have too much to look forward to to stay like this. In a couple of days time my hard drive is going to fill up with lovely pictures. That will do the trick and will be the right time to start reliving it. Not now.

I also have so many things still to do, to preserve the event and keep all those lovely keepsakes safe. And then I have the thank yous to do. More paint and stencils.

But also I have discovered that weddings have a bittersweet / dark side. Some of the oldsters will never meet again as a group like this. One will never travel so far again. The other could go any time, indeed they thought their time had come last week. Seeing them together and knowing this, knowing that they know too.... And others, realising suddenly, how old they are getting and how ill health is beginning to impact on the people I love as they grow older too. Weddings are a time, when you may not even realise it, but the baton of adulthood is passed on and the crone comes to visit and welcome some new members to her domain. I can no longer consider myself a Maiden, I have definitely moved into the realm of the Mother.

So yes, I shall not write of the joys of my wedding yet, I am not in the right place. But I shall. And do not worry, I am not sad, all is good and wonderful!

2 comments:

Leone said...

LOVE AND ***HUGS***!!!

taranova said...

((hugs)) mrs!!