Sunday 18 September 2011

Health & Beauty

So yesterday F and I floated around, sorting our wedding money out mostly. We set up a joint account, which felt very grown up. And then we spent some of our vouchers on some cutlery before driving off to the pottery to get the mugs that had been gifted us.

The mugs are beautiful. Hand made. To the casual glance you would think they are all the same, but look closer.... The ridges vary, the thickness of the lip, the crackling of the varnish, the colour.... We are going to keep slowly buying... a plate or two one month, a bowl the next.... Life should be beautiful and individual.

We also brought food.... Mostly nibbles. The grazing continues. I have bought several boxes from graze.com but the price means I can not afford to do this everyday, which is what I really need to stop me snacking on dreadful foods! So I have spent a fair bit this week on snacky bits from the supermarket and also our local health food shop so we have quite a variety now. Nuts of all sorts with honey with salt and black pepper and yougurt. Dried fruit of all sorts some in yogurt. Crackers and seeds. We can mix up a treat now and although it is more expensive in the long run, this stuff will last us a while. And F and I have been enjoying it all as well. And I have noticed a beneficial effect on my health already.

There is always a downside though. The second I start being good, my body seems to lose it's tolerance for me being bad. I was so ill last night. I am not entirely sure what sparked it off either. It might have been the pasty, the fudge or the caramel coated peanuts. All of those things did not produce the same affect a couple of weeks back when I was being bad with food. Still I like the grazing and I am beginning to wonder if I might be having health problems with chocolate....

I had been thinking about doing Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin again. I have a copy of the books, with the disk and the 90 day journal all ready to go. I think it might be a couple of years it has been ready... I knew the book had gotten muddled up with all my hundreds of books upstairs. I was looking for some paperwork yesterday and just looked at the books. My eyes landed on a book amongst a stack the wrong way round and when I pulled it out, it was there. I guess I am supposed to get going with this. It would do me good....

No comments: