Thursday 29 September 2011

Hard Choices

Current dieting wisdom seems to be 80% good 20% bad. I could handle this. Mostly good but still allowed my chocolate and caramel etc etc. Nice. Not so likely to fall off that sot of diet.

But there is a reason I have not ever managed it. IBS. I also think IBS is what has made me fat as well. Just a little diet change like healthy snacks at work has really improved things for me. But also made them much, much worse. Now things I was eating just fine last month cause me immense discomfort. A bit of mayo in my sandwich is now a huge problem. A bar of chocolate makes my feet hurt. And on it goes.

i always forget why my diets fail in between times.

Simply put. If I innoculate my body everyday with bad foods, it deals with them well enough that I am only a little bit ill, but I am little ill everyday. As soon as I start being passibly good, then I am no longer innoculating my body with the bad foods and it forgets how to deal with them, then I am really, really ill.

Being good is very time consuming and I have never gotten it right enough that I could survive on it long term. The new snacking regime is really helping though and is definitely another brick in the wall.

Learning how to exclude dairy products from my diet is another very large brick....

I guess I just have to focus on the good points - my body is better from this small change. My ankles are less swoolen. I have lost a little weight. My digestive system is functioning better (even if it's temper tantrums are much bigger).

Keep going.... I have a brain, surely I can figure this all out?

1 comment:

mel said...

of course you can!!!

i think a lot of it has to do with balance (doesn't everything? lol) and not denying oneself all the time. a surefire way to make me want something...is to tell i can't have it!!

(((hugs))) missed you!

xoxox