Saturday 1 October 2011

Traveling on the Beat of the Drum

I have been thinking about what I am and am not willing to share... I decided that I was willing to share my journeys and experiences, but only if they did not relate to someone else's questions. As part of our drumming afternoon, we did a solo journey, a group journey on a question posed by one of the people, plus some healing with drums. All very good but I just don't think it right to put my views on happenings personal to others out there...

so here is my journey... Much more vivid than normal! I stil had to talk myself through it a bit but things were happening in that place without me thinking about them. Some of the things that happened really surprised me!

I started by the oak tree in my parents garden. I remember when the oak tree wasn't there. I remember when we first saw it shooting above the grass. It roots hold wishes of mine. I looked up into the tree and saw a magpie. I was dubious of this because magpie, is the obvious totem for me but also because I know totems will appear multiple times....

So I turned away towards the house. Except it had gone! And there were trees, everywhere.... The shape of the land of my home was there but everything else was different. I think I turned into a bird because i was above the trees by now, looking down as I explored the area.

We were supposed to be doing an Underworld journey so I decided to try going down. I flew at the ground and it opened up and swallowed me down in to a tunne, which led to a beautiful cave. There was nothing there for me, so I dived into a pool of water and swam on. It led into a tunnel that popped out into the ocean. There was nothing there for me either. So I swam up towards the sun. There was nothing there for me either. but I could see land, and it was covered with trees.

I fgured that I perhaps should have stayed in the forest in the first place. I didn't even need to swim there, I was just there....

Once in the forest, I felt like dancing, so i did. I danced in and out of the trees and suddenly there was others with me. Maybe people, maybe spirits, maybe part animal. No idea. but we danced in joy and made a serpent dancing through the trees.

The dance reached it's height and I woke under a tree in a ball and I looked up. And there was Magpie again. This time I accepted it and suddenly magpie was dissasociating and flowing down and out of the tree into the shape of a young woman with black and white hair. She took my hand and we walked and found ourselves at a fire in the now twilight. Grandmother Bear was there too, along with other spirits I did not study or identify.

We had tea and then it was dark. We lay back and looked at the sky, where there was so many, many stars. Magpie pointed out the giant Magpie in the sky. Then Grandmother Bear started to speak and she told us about the stars in the sky and how they started off as spirits. (I find conversation and stories really, really hard in journeys. I know I missed much of this).

Magpie then started asking me questions. About who I am and what I wanted to be. I can't remember all the ins and outs of this but the point of it all was that I can be who I want to be, I can do what I want to do. I can shine as bright as I wish, as bright as a star, but only if I choose to. I have long felt like I was supposed to do something, fated. I guess that is not so, not exactly anyway. The lesson was that personal choice is very important, just as luck and fate are too.....

Then it was time to return.

In the group journey we were to go to the upperworld. I started on a hill near where I grew up that is used by gliders and the like because it is so steep, you can just run off the side... and this is what I did! (again to my surprise) and I turned into a bird. No guesses what sort!

It felt good.

No comments: