Friday 21 October 2011

It feels like so much has happened since I last blogged. It has been a busy week for sure.

Monday and Tuesday I went to the gym like a good little girl. I got a good sweat on with my walk that is in reality little more than a saunter to most folks. F was going at that speed on his warm up. But it felt good.

Then there was another trip to the podiatrist. The corrective stuff is working well and unless things start to hurt again i don't need to go back for some time. I had noticed that the exercises were making one foot stronger than the other. The weak foot was the one I hurt last Christmas so i was not surprised. A little bone somewhere in the middle foot was stiff and it was clear when he showed me.... And now it is sore because he did rather a lot of loosening of it!

We had another fascinating chat about feet and going barefoot. How we should run and walk and why we should all really be barefoot. We talked about what I should be doing and where I should be aiming. Building up my gluts and walking barefoot on the beach... Shame it is cold now!

After going to the gym on Tuesday I came over feeling very, very cold. I have been cold ever since, and yes the weather has taken a sharp turn for the cold here but even so... I am under the weather, almost getting a cold, but not quite. I am hoping I may have dodged it, but it has reduced my energy levels this week. I have not done so much really. I intend to keep it that way this weekend....

My Magpies appear well, however, I don't always get to feed them any more. A big Crow has figured out what I am up to and sometimes he is sat by my car waiting for me now. He has two smaller Crows in attendance and sometimes they fly over when they see him get food. Today I only had one of the smaller Crows. My two Magpies won't take on the big Crow but if there is one smaller Crow, they will hop around and sneak a bit of food, if I scatter it widely enough. I have to say it is quite fun to watch them.

I don't begrudge the Crows, not really, but I do wish they would share with my friends. My heart does not sing for the Crows like it does for the Magpies and Mr and Mrs have become so very familiar to me over this last year.

This morning as I was driving to work the music I was listening to went quiet and then had the sound of a hawk. Just as the hawk screeched (or whatever it is they do), a Magpie hopped onto a roof and looked like it was calling. It made me giggle.... I love my Magpies.

3 comments:

mel said...

*giggle* that's just one of my gobshite Crows popping over to visit you and your Magpies....;)

feel better soon!! ((((hugs))))

xxoxoxoxo

Rose said...

*laugh* well have a little word with your crows and tell them it is polite when visiting to share! I like them though, they have beautiful feathers.... I am contemplating buying proper bird feed for the winter and keeping it in the boot of my car, then when the weather turns I can feed them a bit more.

Rose said...

Oh I don't think I said.... I have discovered I have a Great Great Granny Crow *grin*