Sunday 6 May 2012

Moon of Value / Protection Review

Normally I review the past Moon before I introduce the new one, but this time, I am very glad I did it the other way around, because this Moon really relates to some of the issues I have with the Moon of Omnipotence.  I also can see that this used to be a Broken Moon for me, due to events beyond my control.

When I was 4 I went to a playschool in a different catchement to the school I would later go to.  The children of my age at playschool left to start school earlier than I did so I was the only child of my age at the play school for some time.  People and friendships and community are things I Value and the results of this unfortunate happening echoed down through later Moons in the form of loneliness and a lack of value for myself.

While my Moon of Value was only mildly broken and soon mended really, it caused an even bigger break in the following Moon, the Moon of Omnipotence and it is in that Moon that the biggest, baddest events of my life have taken place.  But it all comes back to the Moon of Value.

What I said in my Moon of Value introduction holds true - I got it very right for this Moon at the beginning.  It has been all about relationships, both my own and the web of relationships around me.  It has been about how I connect to the world and enjoy being open to it and new things and like to see the positive in events around me, how I can laugh at things others might cry over.  The Wife mentioned in the last couple of posts has been key I think to taking the healing of my Moon of Omnipotence back to it's root in the Moon of Value.  Of course, when my Moon of Omnipotence broke, it formed it's own cracks too, not just the big one started in the Moon of Value.  Not sure yet, if I have healed these other cracks yet.

So this Moon has been lovely.  I have enjoyed it and seen much new and beautiful.  I have enjoyed the world around me and I have been open to new people and experiences.

I don't need to say much about my dreamboard I think and as to the rest of it...  I am going to take a short break now to find a story and a picture...  I have spent no time on these at all this month....

I like this picture because all the drops of dew on the web look like Moons.  We all have our own Ego but we are all connected together on the web of life.....  I also like the little reflections on the dew drops - like little landscape pictures, representing our deeper connection to the Earth....

One day the Spider-in-the-Moon realised she was pregnant.  This was a moment of joy followed by despair, for she was a spider in the sky and her web flew around her, her offspring would need to go elsewhere to prosper, she had to send them away for their own benefit.  She was not convinced her offspring would like her decision and felt clueless as to who would resent it's impact more.  She sorrowed.


She cast her eyes around her as to where to send her young as she carefully wrapped them up in silk and attached a parachute.  She noticed that every star and every planet and every moon had a web around it already as the sister and brother spiders spun their webs and looked after all that lived within.  She nodded her head in approval for all was exactly as it should be there.


And then she looked down at the Earth below her and she recoiled in dismay.  Her sister beneath was having a great deal of difficulty and things were certainly going awry.  Millions of little creatures were living on the Earth but they had grown out of touch with ground beneath their feet and they could no longer feel the gentle tugs of her sisters web that would keep them living in connection with all that was.  It was not a pretty sight, her sisters web all tangled and torn, depsite her best efforts.


She called gently to her sister 'Oh Sister dear, I sorrow for your struggles.  I have my plight and you have yours, may I send my Joy to help you and solve both of our difficulties?'


Her sister had no time to answer but merely waggled a leg in a way that could have been a 'go away, can't you see I am busy!' or a 'go ahead, you sure can not make things worse!'  Spider Moon decided not to wait and make sure, she didn't know how but she knew her children could help, so she gathered them up and gently blew them towards the Earth.


They descended on the Earth like a hurricane of Dandelion seeds.  The creatures were oblivious to the Spiders waiting to hatch all around them.  She noticed her sister began to make sure that the eggs were distributed everywhere there was a creature and before long, they began to hatch.


Spider Moon watched in wonder as each tiny spider attached itself to a creature and began to weave a web around it, slowly anchoring them back into the world web, calming their urgent despairing destruction with the feel of silk and a deep peace as they ceased to struggle and felt at home in the great sleep of the Dreaming World once again.


Her sister seemed calmer and her movements slowed as her web began to be repaired.  Her efforts returned to spinning new web and taking the Earth forward rather than dealing with mindless damage to her work of art.  And the creatures dreamed safe and secure as the growing spiders made bigger and bigger and increasingly more beautiful webs around them.


Spider Moon carried on spinning.

I think that is more than enough writing and thinking for one day....  I have lots more to say about Rhodes and a gazillion photos to share....

No comments: