Thursday 9 February 2012

Slouch

So far this year has been a happy but painful and tiring year. I came back from my family home after Christmas feeling utterly rested and rejuvenated but four weeks of pain and discomfort with my tooth then my ear zapped all those nicely created reserves of energy.

Then last night I visited the Mistres of Pain for one of her amazing lymphatic massages. I always feel better afterwards, but as I go into a rapid detox, I feel tired straight after. Although I kind of felt good today, I can still feel the tiredness leaching through my body. The problem is, all this pain and illness and tiredness has meant a lack of energy to do anything very much of the things I need to do, for me. And not just reading books either....

The Mistress of Pain said my body was actually doing pretty well and that the good effects of the sage tea were pretty evident. The puffy, blotted, swollen state of my body has reduced considerably and my skin is much clearer. Her saying that made me realise that I have not had a major skin eruption since I started drinking the tea. She also could see the good effects of the corrective insoles I have been wearing in my shoes, which is nice to know.

So everything is fine and I am happy, I just feel that need to pamper myself a little. I love having F home all weekend every weekend, but I do miss the occasional day by myself. After six months, I have just gotten past the not going out without him at the weekend and last weekend I went gallivanting all over the place - to collect plates, to the beach and into town.

but today I sneakily booked a day off, and that day is tomorrow. And now I have done that and I know I can relax, I can feel the tiredness all the way through myself.

I am going to look at my list over the next three days and if it isn't on my list or a nice pampering activity then it won't get done. So books, baths and walks with Little Dog and those tasks i have deemed most important to me and that will be about it....

Bliss

1 comment:

mel said...

ah, luvverly stuff....

it's taken me a short eternity to really *get* this notion of caring for oneself....

enjoy your tending...

xoxo