Sunday 12 February 2012

Work

OK, so not one thing has been knocked off my list of things to do. But one thing is nearly there...

Most of this year so far I have not felt much like working away on my Ancestry. I don't why exactly but just working on my Ancestry is pretty draining in itself. I work on a computer all day, every day pretty much but et, a couple of days on my Ancestors and I am tired. I just have not had the energy so far this year.

Well, I promised the Uncle I wish to write the letter to, that I would send him the tree. So these last few days I have been working on the tree so it is not in an online state and I can print it off easily. This is to be the sugar to coat the letter I intend to send. Hopefully enough sugar will distract him from any potential bitterness....

Putting this info on the computer has another benefit though. I can flick through it more easily now. I can add notes and tick people off so as I explore different branches I can note where I have been. The tree has just gotten too darn big and complicated to keep track of and this has not helped me work on it because I just can not remember what I have and have not done.

So I started this Friday and had almost finished when the computer crashed. Immediately I realised I could do a better job, that it was confusing and complicated and I could simplify it. This is what I have done these last two days. And now it is done, all I need to do it print it off, write the letter and send it off.

Yesterday I took time out to eat pasties and walk on the beach in the sun. It was low tide and the beach we went to is part of a huge sandy bay. We walked by the mouth of an estuary. It was so very beautiful.

Now, for the little bit of weekend remaining, chilling really is in order....

1 comment:

laoi gaul~williams said...

eating pasties...i adore pasties, cheese and onion. i keep meaning to make my own.

i havent worked on my tree for a while since i had to stop my ancestry subscription-i tink once PP is back from the garage it may be time to renew.