Monday 20 June 2011

21 Secrets: Improvisation Station

Because of a paint overload I decided to do Natasha's Improvisation Station course next and it has been great!

First we wrote intros for ourselves. Mine ended up as a huge list of labels, like sister, aunt, nerd.... Qualities such as academic, reserved... things I have done or do including jobs I have done and hobbies.... But all this was not me, it is just the choices I make and how I am perceived. Someone could write the exact the same list and be a very, very different person. Not that it doesn't say a lot, but not the things I really want to say about ME, the person inside....

So it got ripped up.

Then we wrote a second intro under Natasha's guidance and this is what I wrote.....

I am the cool of a Summer's morning. I am the mud between your toes. I am the lines, that meet and play and talk and get knotted together. I am the hug of a cozy jumper. I am the book beneath the bed, the page dropped in a puddle. I am the colours that run, to somewhere new. I am the dream awaiting in the wings for you to just let go and sleep. I am the roots that twist together beneath your feet and the leaves that twist and dance in the breeze above your head. I am the colours smudged across the sky saying hello and good bye to the Sun, the Moon and the Stars as they spin on by. I am the moment before you open your eyes, held awake in the web of the dreaming world.

Which felt alot more like me, but what exactly it means was a bit hard for me to interpret but never fear! Ms Natasha was on hand to help and this is what she said.....

That cool on a summer morning is so refreshing as are YOU! The things that you share are unique and come from a place that is fascinating within you. YOU are inspiring just as you are. Mud between your toes can be irritating or it can be such fun to squish...often when people find others irritating it's because they are shedding some light on the truth that one does not want to see...however the ability to see truth in others and help them to see it is a gift...that's how I see you. I think you have the ability to see truth. I also think you have a gift for fun - you bring such lighthearted goodness to life. GREAT image of the lines meeting and playing and getting knotted - another illustration of the distinctive voice and perspective you have on life. This illustrates your playful side I think and love...when I think of getting knotted together, I think of trust, love and the freedom to be who you are when with someone you enjoy. I think people often feel love from you. Ah the hug of the jumper - you are warm, so warm that people could disappear into your hug and feel safe. These lines are so wonderful - the book beneath the bed..you are the magic that people discover. They stumble upon you like that book and they wonder about the light they have in their lives after they have met you. You are a secret goodness, a secret sunbeam. The page in the puddle - the words may fade but you can still make out that there is an interesting story on it....you are an interesting story with much to say and though some things could be lost in translation all the important things always shine through. Colors - you are FILLED with color, lots of colors and you blend them so beautifully like the emotions and experiences in your life they run together and explore new lands....you don't need to know the destination just the colors are enough to inspire exploration. Dreams are magical...they seem to make no sense logically but they make sense in another more beautiful sense - YOU make sense in all realms. YOU bring the colors and the imagination to all that you do and you do it outside the box, you do it in a way that tears down the limits and allows room to breathe, play and bask in the beauty of the imagination. Whether you are the roots or the leaves you are all connection - you are an example of the beautiful connection that exists between people in your life and nature and the world around you. You are so open that the world exists in the middle of your chest and each of your limbs sprouts love like leaves on branches. You are the celebration of color and the Universe...you allow yourself to grow larger, to be fully YOU and reach up to the heavens...that is a gift! You are the bridge between the world where things are limited and limitless and because you have existed in both you are able to show others how to lose their limits and find the beauty of their true soul. YOU are phenomenal..YOU are the celebration and I jump in to be a part of it all!

And how lovely is that? So worth doing this course just for Natasha's enthusiastic and loving interpretation! *gives Natasha a huge hug*

Then you use Natasha's further guidance and prompts to produce a lovely journal page with the ripped up bits of your first intro as an element....

And here's mine!

1 comment:

mel said...

FAB!!

isn't Natasha just marvelous!?!? she is so incredibly supportive and giving...she was like that all the way through her Storytelling class as well...i almost felt guilty for getting so much attention...LOL

love the page too....ribbons of colour...yum!

xo