Tuesday 28 June 2011

Good and Bad

There has been lots going on...

The joy of finishing my invites and putting the postal ones in the post...

The complete and utter low of realising that the now mostly arrived invites have the wrong time on them....



The great concert by Pendulum at Eden...

How short the time was they actually played, the aches and the huge bruise on my leg....


Spending time on the beach with a mate, talking and catching up....

The sunburn...


Drinking and eating chips with dips on the beach at the lovely Blue Bar...

Discovering I had gone overdrawn because F managed to duck out of paying for the petrol to Pendulum and we bought it at a more expensive garage so I went overdrawn by pence and had to get my friend to pay (sooo embarassing)....



Discovering my parents have found a beautiful house they want to buy and had an offer on their home. My home. The house they moved in to on my first birthday....

That I care enough about my parents to want them to have that new house sooo much!


Wondering why I feel so low the last couple of days, wondering if my magpies have deserted me. Not seen Mr Magpie in days and Mrs Magpie won't come close enough to get the food I throw, then yesterday, no magpies showed up at all. I worry they may have lost their territory or health of something. On the way to work yesterday I saw a tail-less magpie.... what does that mean as an omen?

Reading my email horoscope and being told I have opportunities available right now involving people with the same interests. Immediately think of Shamanism and sigh.

Read my next email, a blog comment from the writer of a blog on shamanism who is incredible, offering to help me.

And suddenly I know my run of interesting luck of the last few days is over and everything is just fine. There are other magpies and I can grow new tail feathers....

3 comments:

mel said...

oh dear -- sorry about the invites...eek!

yes....always new tail feathers...

xoxoox

ps. SO thrilled for the shamanism bit...((((hugs))))

Leone said...

An accurate description of life. The pros and cons of almost all situations. So sorry about your invitations, hope you can get them sorted okay.

Rose said...

tee hee... meant to write in the post - what I did for the ones already sent was this...

The invites consist of a beautiful piece of paper, all shimmery, which I painted on and a small piece of parchment stuck on the back with all the details printed on. I printed new pieces of parchment but printed apologies, explanations and instructions on the reverse (i.e. ignore the old time and stick this piece of paper on your invite...)