Friday 10 June 2011

I Do

I have time off. Two days either side of a weekend. I have a looong list of things to do. I want to bring some order to my humble house. I want to do my invites - play with paint, smooshed on between the lines of a stencil. I want to make multi-coloured magpies, imbued with their own magpie wings. I want to finish my irritating pallet bed - before I start to scream at those pallets sat everywhere. I am considering the idea of a car boot, but wondering if I can get that far along with stuff in time.... I want to carry on reading the highly addictive and time consuming Game of Thrones...

Presents keep arriving in the mail for me and I love them all. Some have not gone quite to plan... The lovely bouquet I ordered is not really quite the right colour and I am hoping it will be alright with my bridesmaids dress. The buttonhole for F is wonderful and has no lilac... They are both sooo beautiful!

I had new clothes, new books and then new pens as well. I bought a set of Sakura 3D Glaze pens. My aim was to use the beautiful embossed effect on my wedding stationery. Except that what the website I was using did not make clear is that these pens only give the embossed on smooth surfaces. I had a hard job choosing the paper for the inners of my invites and Orders of Service and wedding details. I was looking at a vellum and a beautiful white parchment. I went with the parchment and this is not smooth.... That arrived this week with my beautiful silver shimmer card....

My pens are beautiful and I love them... but.... So I ordered some more. This time the metaalics set and an extra blackmetallic pen because it is not in the set... and a white souffle to complement my Glaze set. And a basic gelly roll pen or two in black and white. And maybe a set of Aquash pens to... *giggle* I love art supplies. I covet Sakura pens..... My wedding is one big art fest and this is a poorly designed excuse to gather new pens to me! (ones I might not normally be able to justify buying....)

21 Secrets has been extended which is great for me, because things seem soooo busy right now and I want to do everything in it.... I have played with the content of about six of the courses, although I have not posted all of them.... I htink I have posted two. I have a almost completed post, waiting for a photo so I can praise the lovely Natasha... I need to get my written stuff so i can talk about Three Little Words. I played with Urban Layer Cake and can see how it would work but I am not prepared to buy the paste I need to make it work properly.... I also need to carry on with Child's Play....

I have a problem with creativity right now though - my table is covered in wool and glass. Mostly glass. I need to find somewhere else to put my purchases. Maybe a box would be a good plan!

I also got my sketchbook through but I don't see much happening with that until the wedding is fully under control.

You know I have to say, blogging changed my life. Writing helps me understand what is going on with me. i gave me courage to do the things I love. My life is all about growing these days and learning and I have so much to be enthusiastic about, to look forward to. Four days off in a row with no work is not long enough! The faint depression that has dogged a large part of my life, sometimes growing like a huge cloud to envelope me, has evaporated, blown away by hte winds of doing....

What are you going to do today?

3 comments:

Leone said...

I had to chuckle about the art supplies. Amazing what having a goal doing things we love will do for our spirits. Enjoy your four days off!!

Rose said...

Thanks Leone! *hug*

Suzi Smith said...

hee hee.. me too. under self imposed ban from art shops cos i can't resist those things i just *need* lol