Sunday 5 June 2011

Happy Shopper

The beginning of the month and an influx of cash means a temporary surge of wedding activity. Yesterday morning saw a flurry of internet purchasing.

Paper for the invites, Shimmer Silver for the card outer-y bits and a thick, rich white paper for the inner-y bits. The shimmer is so soft with a slight line detail to the paper. Just beautiful. I am so glad I ordered the sample pack of papers before I bought though. My Dad has some classy envelopes left over from his printery days he is going to send up and they are plain white and will match the inners....

Hobbycraft for Sakura 3D Glaze pens. I bought a pack (because I lust after finally owning some Sakura pens) and an extra single black one because I will need more than one black one on the day. I also bought a wool needle (for attaching beaks to magic fairy wool birds) and some white textile pencils for a 21 Secrets class.

Then onto a cake supplies store. red and purple cup cake cases. red and purple sprinkles. heart fondant cutters.... I need to get a bottle of rose syrup and send these off to my sis. She is making cupcakes for me. The f m-i-l is in charge of the fruit cake (a much more traditional affair).

I also got a look at the lovely buttonhole that Indigo Daisy has made for F.... Lovely.... *grin*

Having done all this, it was time for F and I to venture out for breakfast.

Then we hit the town.

F had been recommended a little place in town to get our rings done. The shop was nothing fancy. We sat and listened to the owner talking to a customer about some work he had just completed on a piece for her. And it was obvious that this was a man who knew his stuff and had a passion for it and really enjoyed it and wasn't in it to make money (if he was, he would have chosen a different town!). In the time we were there, he had a constant stream of people, another telling sign... So very happy with him. The engraver he uses is well beyond retirement age and does it all by hand..... *sigh* love it

Then off into Truro. We continued to meet more lovely people.... The lady in the ladies outfitters who helped me grapple with 'proper' bras as directed by my dress designer.... *giggle* How do people wear them? I ended up with a compromise.... A mammoth non-underwired piece of scaffolding called a Doreen *laughs a lot* no glamorous undies for me...

We looked at tie pins and cufflinks. We looked at beautiful bracelets. We picked up holiday brochres so we could dream of next years honeymoon.... Not a touring holiday now, but a lounging on the beach and swimming and just being together sort of a holiday... More honeymoony....

An then into my favourite art shops to matc acrylics to my piece of sample material... Alizarin crimson, burgundy and burnt Sienna *sigh* oh and two Khadi paper sketch books - one big for photos and the other smaller for a comments book. I need to think about how to organise them.... Do I need to cover them? Do I try and hide the spiral binding?

Tired we came home happy and watched Britains Got Talent and cheered the lovely Jai....

2 comments:

mel said...

oh...lovely. just lovely!!

i adore hearing about how things are moving along...

i had myself a mighty giggle at the "scaffolding" called a Doreen!! where do they come up with this stuff?!?! can relate though...my girls aren't very big but dressing them up requires a winch these days....;)

(((((hugs)))))

xoxoxo

Leone said...

Sound like such a lovely day and the items you describe sound beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures!!