Thursday 14 June 2012

Britain in a Day

So the other night I caught the second half of Briatin in a Day, a 90 minute film.  I should have switched off and gone to bed but it sucked me in and held me captive.  So much so that I have just watched the first half on BBC iplayer.

4000 people submitted 12000 video clips filmed on the 12th November 2011 and from 800 hours of footage, this film was produced.  It depicts snippets of many peoples lives as the film travels throughout the day and simply put it just the stuff of life.  The Beauty, The Joy, The Tradegy.  All of it.

Sometimes it was just a few seconds of film showing something beautiful and at other times a longer clip with talking.  Some people are visited more than once.  The sort of film that reminds you what is important in life.  I can't even begin to describe it...

But I know how it makes me feel.  It makes me cry, but not with sadness exactly.  I just find it incredibly moving.

If you get a chance, watch it.

No comments: