Saturday 2 June 2012

Those that Guide

Life seems full of omens at the moment.  This is great because the world is trying to talk to me.  The problem is that I just don't find these messages very easy to understand....

My totem for this moon appeared early on in a dream.  It was one I knew was a totem of mine but had no idea where it fitted....  When I was little I sat on two ant nests.  Maybe not so unusual but what was, was that I managed to do it within a week.  One nest was wood ants and they bit me while on a walk in local woods.  The other nest was red ants and they bit me in our garden.  It would have been when I was fairly young and I suspect it does correspond to around the age of this Moon....  So not surprising...

In the dream there was a long wide column of Ants and they were coming after me, quietly determined to catch up with me.  Ant fits with Omnipotence for me as well.  Something I have to build and stubbornly work at, one small step at a time.  Ant has helped me achieve things - like climbing to the Monastery on Rhodes.  I can achieve the things that I wish to, if I take one little step at a time.

So that is this Moon, I am not yet looking for next Moon's totem.  I have not begun looking for totems for other aspects of the Wheel, except where a dream guides me towards something.  So it is hard to know where other animals that are appearing may relate to, in what way they wish me to listen to them.

Dandelion is still shouting loudly at me.  Dandelion, according to Sun Bear, sits on the Wheel with Hawk and Hawk has been shouting at me loudly for weeks and weeks as well.  In part I put this down to F as Hawk is very definately a key totem for him.  At first I only saw Hawk when I was with him but then all of a sudden Hawk was everywhere for me too.

On Rhodes there was a colony of Lesser Kestrels nesting on the cliffs beneath the Acropolis at Lindos.  We watched them for some time and they were so very beautiful.  F was there though and I considered myself lucky to be sharing in his magic. 

A couple of weeks back I was sat out the back of work by myself when I could hear this bird making quite a racket.  I couldn't see it to begin with but eventually two Crows and a Kestrel swopped in to view, clearly having a disagreement over something.  The estate I work on is very definately Corvid territory....  It didn't last much longer and I watched the Kestrel fly off alone.

Then Thursday I saw a Kestrel flying as I drive by and then while at lunch a Buzzard probably or some other less common large hawk was circling lazily high above me.  As Buzzard reached a point above me, I looked at my car windscreen and there was Spider right in front of my face.  I reached out and touched my finger to the other side of the windscreen and spider paused in her travels.

Spider has been appearing in my cards a lot recently as has Butterfly.  I understand Butterfly though, she is all about transforming and she is telling me that now is the time.  So back to Spider.  Last moon, Spider came through strongly and I wrote my Moon story about her children coming to Earth to help.  This week I received my copy of Sacred Smoke by Harvest McCampbell and in this lovely book there is a story about Spider and her children that made me think of my own story.

So we have transformation, Spiders web of fate and magic and karma and synchronicity, Kestrel who is perfectly in tune with his world, plans and knows the perfect time to take action with great speed and agility, Buzzard speaks of purification, iminent change, efficient action.  And putting this together here, shows that change and transformation is utterly key to what is going on right now...

Lastly, we saw a Barn Owl last night.  Neither one of us can remember when we last did.  It crossed the road in front of us like a white ghost in the growing dusk.  There is a lot of disagreement about the meaning of Barn Owls, many people equate them with death and consider them as bad omens.  I do think Owls are a totem who clearly sees what is behind all things, that can see beyond the veil, past and present.  This is why Owl is wise, because he knows, sees and understands but also why many fear Owl, because he clearly sees what many fear most. 

I read somewhere on the net a suggestion that as an omen he can mean death but also the awakening of some psychic skill.  Maybe it is time I visited that graveyard....  and called the friend who a dream told me I would bump into, and then I did, who goes to a spiritualist church.  Maybe it is time to connect with the dead more.

The Owl does not feel connected with the other things going on so much though....  Everytime I write about things they get clearer....!

No comments: