Saturday 16 June 2012

Going to the Doctor's involved a wild goose chase.  I was prescribed a drug which the Pharmacy then said they did not have, could not order and that the other pharmacies they rang for me did not have either.  I shopped and then realised I could go to the Drop In centre but got there too late as they were busy and closed shortly.  I went back first thing this morning, was greeted by surprise when I said they could not get that drug.  I left with a prescription for the drug under a brand name instead and returned to the Pharmacy.  This time they had it, but not all of it so I have to go back Monday to pick up the rest.  When I received my part prescription, there was the brand name in big letters on the box, with the name of the original drug on the original prescription underneath in smaller lettering!

Stuff like this is frustrating!  I drove all over last night and have used 1/8 of a tank of fuel and used up probably 3 1/2 hours all told, just to get what I should probably have got in the first place.... *sigh*

Still i have it now.  It should sort things out short term but I have upcoming tests now to look at things.

***

My Bird feeding continues.  The Crows have been less in evidence, I think they are busy else where.  When they do turn up, they still throw their weight around, chasing the other birds away.  The other birds are only really nervous when the Crows are inflight, once on the ground, they are obviously much less of a threat.  Having watched the Magpies flee with a swooping Crow after them I can see why!  On the ground they puff up their neck feathers and look all dominant and hop after the birds making them go a little further away from the food, but they need their claws to stand on and can not move as quickly....

The Magpies are there all the time and a few weeks ago there was suddenly more than two Magpies around and the new additions had short tails.  Except they have grown now, and except for a certain youthful look they look exactly like their parents.  There are two of them and they are very noisy!  They squawk endlessy at their parents saying feed me!  They are not overly keen on birdseed as yet but their parents obviously like it because it is an easy and quick food supply for them.  The youngsters fly freely around the territory and are learning all the time and it is quite obvious that they are all communicating.  I will miss them when they fly away by themselves...

Jackdaws are getting bolder as well.  The absence of the Crows seems to help in this.  If the Crows are around at all I won't see a single Jackdaw.  The slightest movement I made used to scare the Jackdaws away but they seem to have become more comfortable now.  I still mostly see them feed on the scraps the other birds are less inclined to hunt for, the small seeds lost in the grass.  I think they are well adapted to this anyway....

There are many rabbits around as well but they are nervy and with so many cars in the car park they will come over to feed during the work day although I do see evidence they come at other times and I see them feeding further away from the building.  The baby rabbits have mostly disappeared though.  Grown up or dead...  A colleague saw babies being stalked by a cat.  There have been a couple of carcasses around recently too and my Corvids delighted in the bounty.  I feel sad to see them dead, but I know that their death is part of their Medicine of Fertility....

Seagulls are everywhere.  It has been wet and windy recently and there is something about seeing them hanging in the air, virtually motionless and then with a tiny imperceptible alteration i their wings they suddenly streak across the sky.  There is no need for them to fly like this all the time but you can tell, for them, that they love it, it is who they are and what they would always choose to do when not flying and a good hard wind just makes it better....

My other totems have been around too.  I sometimes see the odd wasp, but the weather has not been great for them so far.  Ants have invaded the work kitchen.  And lastly we have Grasshopper.  I was not sure whether or not I should count Grasshopper or not, I needed some synchronicity or a dream to confirm it.  The day after writing about that I got my confirmation.  I was at a drumming circle and the sound of bird song was so loud all around us at the end.  And there was a bird that sounded like a Grasshopper!  I have never heard it before and neither had anyone else there, although someone told me that there was a bird called a Grasshopper Warbler.  I listened to its call online and it was indeed a Grasshopper Warbler.  I like the idea of Grasshopper as a totem, it does feel like one that suits me...

In fact I love all my totems very much.  There are other totems around that I suspect may have a place on Wheel but I don't know yet, I have not got that far....  Some sort of Canid probably and maybe Horse somewhere too.  Years ago when I did visualizations to connect with my Basic Self and Upper Self I connected with a Mole and a Blue Parrot Spirit, and then there was the Sparrow I visualized to help remind me when I was being negative.  And I don't know where Seagull and Magpie sit yet either...  It is very noticeable that my Wheel is dominated by birds:- Crow, Magpie, Seagull, Jackdaw, Heron, with a few Insects (which I didn't expect):- Wasp, Ant and Grasshopper but only one Mammal, the Rabbit.  But that is only 9 totems so far and there are 36 positions on the Wheel....

I don't really have any other news.  The situation with S has calmed right down after flaring up.  I think there was a cunningly disguised molehill and lets face it, life goes on.  I would never want to go back to being a teen though!

*hugs*

No comments: