Saturday 5 February 2011

Lack-a-Saturday

We were good today. We took a load of junk from around the house and went, via a truck stop for a fry up, to the tip. First time in ages we have done something useful like this together of a weekend. All was going well....

But then I realised that F is working rather a lot.... I thought he was just doing day shifts but no, he went to work this afternoon and will not be home till Monday morning.

And then I read the essay that a internet friend sent him to be corrected for English and I volunteered me for. Pages and pages about a High School massacre in the US. Well written but not guaranteed for laughs...

So by the time he actually went to work, I wasn't feeling motivated to do anything at all. Still not feeling motivated. or overly cheery.

***

I have recently joined a lovely social network, a home for creative sorts of any and all disciplines. There are some truly lovely folk over there and a lot of talent... Some of it is too much for me. I am just a tad to logical to quite get some of the writers works. I know they are good and wonderful and creative and I know very much so, that some random part of my brain just doesn't quite allow me to get it.

I have lacks in other areas to. Some people at work had been raving about a comedy series and this afternoon I watched a couple of episodes.... and well... I just don't get why it is funny. Not the first time for me, not by a long stretch.

I know there is a lot out in the world I just don't get, but by the same token, there is a lot I do, some of it stuff others struggle with. I have too much logic so some of the more lateral connections of art and humour slip by me. I can see them and I know that I am not getting stuff and it is good stuff.... but I still don't get it....

The other thing about the network is that some people are just sooooo talented! It can be daunting.... but nicely being cross - discipline, it means there is room for everything and everyone....

***

Now despite being logical and a science geek, I know there is more in this world than can be explained by science and I have faith. So I am no disbeliever in the possibility that all is not as commonly believed. In my 'real life' though this sometimes sits uncomfortably though, because it is not always being two opposites at the same time (the joys of being a Libra through and through, soooo many planets cluster there for me).

This week i found myself in a conversation which started off as an innocent chat about acquaintances, prgressed to government conspiracy (I have no doubt governments get up to all sorts they keep secret from us, the real story is cunningly hidden) and from their alien control of the Earth crept in... and at that point I started to get uncomfortable...

But one interesting thing was the mention of current news. The events in Egypt as a precursor to events of 2012. The Solstice was odd, and things have been odd ever since..... Strange weather. I didn't mention the Solstice, or the odd weather. Mostly during the conversation I just listened. Is that cowardly? Or is it fine that I keep my doubts out of public? Is it a good thing to not engage the fanatic whose views go just a little (or a lot) to far but are quite interesting......?

2 comments:

mel said...

well, you're not the only one that doesn't *get* stuff....add to that i don't always like stuff that other people seem to rave about -- i generally keep my yap shut at that point but it does leave one wondering sometimes....LOL

i think the reason it's a good group is that there IS so much room to move around...everyone wants to learn or be inspired by something not necessarily within their current sphere...and it makes it sort of interesting. not that i need to add to my list of things i want to try.....;0 i'm so glad you're there..((((hugs)))))

good on you for having a bit of a clear-out..i've been puttling away around here as well.

i'm all for egging on the fanatics....as long as they're not spewing hate, i find them quite intriguing, if not utterly exasperating.

love, LOVE to you!! xoxox

ps. i need to email you....things you'll appreciate...;)

Rose said...

Glad I am not the only one who doesn't get things.... And I think that is one of the reasons the group works so well to, by being cross discipline it takes that edge of not good enough and competition out of it all, very lovely place! I can see you egging on the fanatics!

Much love to you too and I am looking forward to your email! XXX