Thursday 17 February 2011

What the Mouse Did

I am tired. A long week with the IBS....

So I am going to talk about the Mouse.

The Mouse is someone who has come in to my life recently. It is kind of hard to say very much about this person at all. They are so very, very quiet and shy. At what point does this become rude? i think that depends on how laid back the people dealing with the Mouse are.

If you walk into a room of people and say hello, the Mouse will not answer unless you say their name. Barely a word is said all day. They will not answer the phone, they don't feel comfortable, it could ring all day and their head would not even turn. but they work, they work soooo hard, talk about focus! And they have a brain in that odd little exterior.....

But it is hard on the people around. A conversation feels like an interrogation. So it ends up that the Mouses presence is ignored. There is no joining in.

I can feel the patience of some of those around me starting to fray a little. The Mouse doesn't bother me. If they want to sit quietly in the corner and work, all day, then they can. And i don't want to explain why i can let her behaviour go....

... i don't want to share my experiences of agoraphobia and nervous breakdown. It may be well over a decade ago. I may not remember the mental anguish as pain is not something, thankfully, that stays clear in our memories with time... The Mouse may not have the issues i had. I think the issues here are probably very, very different....

but I have sympathy. Life is going to be very, very hard for the Mouse. Not very easy to find a place in life these days for those who wish to be separate. but maybe they don't actually wish to be separate? Imagine being trapped there?

I knew what I wanted and I had people around to help me get there. i had books. I had the knowledge that life could be different. I had had different examples in my family life.

The Mouse is passing through my life, they probably won't be in it too long. Who knows what effect I will have on their future?

No comments: