Sunday 6 February 2011

Sea and Dreaming

I am planning a re-do of my bedroom. The room has a bare painted wooden floor at the moment and is full of furniture, that while lovely, is not what we would have chosen and is completely inappropriate for our house. It is big dark wooden pieces, that take up room. They also do not encourage air circulation and have started to suffer from our dank Cornish atmosphere, as well as from one two many moves. I could carry on listing issues with this stuff.....

Despite being my Grandmother's, they need to go.

I intend to get a new wardrobe. This is based on hanging elements between poles, fixed to floor and ceiling. We will keep draw elements to a minimum so the hanging rails and shelves will allow air to move as well easy clean. Lovely! I have measured and priced and it will probably be next monthnow before I buy, but it is coming.

So I plan in my head and I wanted to list my projects, as intended right now.....

Remove all furniture except the divan base and bedside tables.
Paint room white
Paint floor blue
Make two blue long thin rag rugs for either side of the bed
Paint furniture white, maybe with some blue showing through (chair, bookcase and print case)
Lampshade
Window decoration
Beaded tie backs
New curtains in window and in front of wardrobe - dye
Mural
Paint old trunk and place in window
Gather and make nice things for bookcase and print case
Bedding

not much there then! Some of these things are going to take a loooong time!

I had planned to move today but Little Dog has curled up an gone to sleep on my legs and I have David Attenborough's Life of Birds on TV...... Shame my behind is a little numb!

2 comments:

mel said...

LOL!! it must be something about this time of year...i've got a list like that for the various and assorted things i want to accomplish around here!

i love the idea of white walls and a blue floor...sound so lovely...

xo

Leone said...

Sounds nice and airy and fresh! Thanks for your comment about enjoying the process, it is so true!!