Thursday 18 August 2011

Dream Thrills

I am sure I must have said before, but some of my dreams feel like adventure stories, films, entertainment put on at night just for me. Recent readings have made me wonder about these dreams some more. So rather than just enjoy the dream, I spent a lot of time thinking about it today. The insight that in our dreams you can travel to other places, who is to say this story has no meaning? even if it is just a story, it is a story that has been choosen just for me.....

There was a teenage girl, she lived in a dark hovel and wanted to get out. I was talking to a handsome bearded man (just in case F ever reads this, please do not grow a beard, in waking life, I can't stand them *laugh*). He was a farmery type and we were talking and he was leaning over his gate. I left him to visit the girl and found she had died of a mysterious virus. This virus was the scourge of my society and it turned the body of the victim into a strange thing, like a tunnel with teeth and thorns all the way down. Kinda of nasty fleshy pink tunnel, disgusting in so many ways.

I was very upset, not just for the death of the girl but because I had failed her. I had not helped her. She had wanted a placement and I could have arranged something for her, the beardy man would have been able to give her the break she wanted but I didn't make the connection in time. But.... there was something off about her change into the flesh tunnel thing. I began to wonder about things.

I and some others decided to investigate, beardy man may well have been one of them, but the rest of the dream was very fast flowing action and I can only remember the gist of it all now, and the people with me, were not the focus of the dream at all.

In this society, dead bodies were stored in buildings where they decomposed before being removed. We broke into one of these buildings and were horrified to discover that every dead body had been transferred into a being that was a younger version of tunnels. They looked sort of like a tree stump, with the heart of the tree removed and as they would develop in time, they would grow outwards making a bigger hole in the middle and opening the tunnel. How could it be a virus if it could consume dead bodies like that as well as kill people? This was something that ate people inside out and then once it grew, it couls suck away any passing person who got to close, down that noxious tunnel to who knows where....

We had discovered a dangerous truth and the authorities of the planet pursued us. Finally we were cornered by the army and they readied their defences. They aimed their guns to hold us in place, fully kitted up in their haz mat gear, and then they blew a powder at us. Whatever the powder was, it was supposed to turn us into flesh tunnels to. Except that I was something rare, I was immune. To be immune to the flesh tunnels was a rare thing in this society. Anyone who was proven to be, was elevated to a highly priviledged and reverred position.

The army personnel facing me were faced suddenly faced with a horrific choice, to kill me as per their orders, despite that fact that it went against everything they had been trained to do or to disobey all their training and everything they had worked towards in life to keep me alive. I could see their eyes and I stood their in shock as the guns did not waiver and nothing happened. And then with pinpoint precision, the alarm went off....

I imagine one of those people would have listened to their training and shot me. It would only have taken one. I was placed in such a position that I would have destroyed all their society was built upon....


So I mentioned that there is something of the story teller right? I think my stories are more images than words... But those flesh tunnels. Do they ring any bells with anyone?

3 comments:

mel said...

good lord...you DO have the most adventurous dreams...and sci-fi even!!

no idea on the flesh tunnels but i'm convinced they are a powerful symbol of something...definitely some kind of metaphor -- especially the 'virus' that's chipping away at society...

{sorry, i've been 'absent'...just catching up now....}

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

hello lovely.. no bells ringing. but, this has touched me..an intriguing tale..already wormed its way in..i shall take it away with me..and pop back if any bells begin to ring. lately.. i'm finding things making sense at the most unusual times..they just drop in :D

same here..sorry for absence..been a busy bee with one thing and another.. family and friends visiting.. camping trips.. and enjoying a wee course involving thoth tarot..self development..and intuition.. been getting more deeply into some shamanic journeying too..all flowing smoothly..for a change lol. hope you're well hun..off to catch up some.. hugs.... xx

Rose said...

Ooooh ovely to see you both here! Oh yeah, when I have one of these story dreams they really do go for it! And this is without the twists and turns and dialogue which I could not bring out of the dream with me....

I do feel those flesh tunnels are something concrete on some level and I do feel the urge to try and learn more about them. Maybe I might have a go at drawing one sometime....

Life is busy and fun and I am glad things have been keeping you busy and happy (I hope) in the non-e-world!