Friday 12 August 2011

Memory 2

I meant to write some more about memory this morning but I forgot! (mostly cos I had to dash out to pick up a parcel before work....

Anyway, it seems these memory techniques were in use in ancient civilizations. Greece and Rome for sure but I suspect they were more widely known than that. I think we knew them too, up until pretty recently.

Think of those little number rhymes.... Little picture hooks to hange word images on.

I think this stuff was handed down from parent to child until school and writing made us think we had no use for it. We like to think we are so advanced! Not really. I think we have gone backwards in a lot of ways, including how much we use our brains. We are like at ant colony, advanced due to the million steps in colony building made by our ancestors, but reaping the rewards.

Still. I think time is turning. The more I learn the more I realise what I want to teach my kids when I have them. They shall know memory tricks and they shall learn to type. I shall do my best to give them the tools they need to function well and live free and fruitful lives in what ever way makes them happy.....

I have so much more to learn! Sometimes it is knowing where to look though....

No comments: