Saturday 6 August 2011

Join-in-g

It's that weekend - that D-Day. I have overtime next wwkend, and then things start to get busy for the wedding build up... This weekend is the weekend I want to finish stuff off. Plus I have Monday and Tuesday off. Monday I meet with the caterers and I do not want to have to keep going back to them.

All outstanding invitees have been prompted last week and well, some of them are still outstanding. I need their info! It isn't enough to just know they are coming!

I know the whole thing of asking them to give a song and a fact about themselves may be seen as lame, overly personal, embarassing whatever - but I want that info! It is my wedding and if they wish to come then they should abide by the rules of the event. If I didn't want it, I would not ask for it.....

Being left out of all the fun, being the one who didn't, wouldn't, down right refused to get involved with the fun has got to be worse... right?

Being at a wedding where no one taks to other people - how can that be good? Surely a little informal ice breaker to get people mingling can't be so bad?

Being at wedding which plays music you hate all night is always horrid.... being at a wedding where they play music all night that no one loves or hates..... Getting one song - just especially for you - how that can that be bad?

It will all get there I know - but it shouldn't have to be this much work and effort. people should not make the bride run around at the last minute because they can not be organised enough to get their invites back, even after prompting.....

OK. Rant over! Not feeling stressed at all! Honest!

2 comments:

mel said...

oh dear!!

glad you got it off your chest, though!!!

some people are desperately hard to jolly into a good time -- sort of a deer-in-headlights thing when they see a novel idea approaching! lol

word from the Wedding Camp on my end is that half of B's side of the family hasn't acknowledged their invites yet and haven't returned follow-up phone calls and emails.

some people are just incredibly rude and thoughtless.

this time next week and it'll all be over.

*phew*

not to worry, yours is going to be brilliant!!

(((hugs))))

xxoxoxo

Rose said...

oh jeez! And I thought I had it bad..... That is so thoughtless!