Sunday 15 May 2011

Dreams (Can Come True?)

Last night I had one of THOSE dreams. The ones that feel important.

It started off very innocently with my sister and her man woes and that is all I can remember of the beginning, it wasn't THE dream, just the lesser dream THE dream grew from.

I was an environmental scientist (yay for actually being what I trained to be) and I needed to go and investigate a site called the North Wall. This was a feature of a rocky outcrop situated off the south coast of Britain. The North Wall was a narrow rocky ridge between two larger rounder rocky outcrops. An almost island. The wall was at the North of the almost island

We, myself and three others, took a boat to the North Wall. Once there we found that there was a rope strung along the wall which we had to grab, everytime a wave came, for fear of being washed away. Three big waves came and we all grabbed the rope. The fourth wave came and we all went under.

Next I was floating upwards. There was dots of light, kinda like amoebas. I blacked out, time passed.

When I woke, I was in a cathedral and I was confused as to how I got there. The vicar came to help me and all I could really remember was that whatever had happened, had happened at the North Wall and I had to go back there. He helped me get there, to the harbour town where the boats to the wall left from.

The day was calmer, sunny and I took a tourist boat to the wall. As I climbed on to the wall and walked along it, I first met the ghost of my baby. I was surprised to discover I had even had a baby. Then I came across the spirit of one of my companions from the wall exploration. He told me some stuff which I don't remember, but it became clear that I too, had died.

I persuaded him to get on the boat with me as it was time to leave. He did but was uncomfortable, he continued to tell me things, to explain. As we got to shore he told me could not stay on the boat when it docked because to leave the sea and the wall would be too much for his spirit. Because he had died at sea, on the Wall, those were the places his spirit could travel to. When I had died, my body had been taken from the sea and had traveled to brighton and then on to London and because of this, I could travel to. One month had passed since I had died.

He dived into the sea. The boat docked and I stepped onto dry land.

I woke and knew this was an important dream. Partly because of the level of detail but more importantly the 'feel' of it. I know that much of this dream is shaped by the things I have been reading recently. Supernatural by Graham Hancock. Sum by Sam Eagleman. The North Wall comes straight from Game of Thrones which I am watching on TV. but

I also know that given the detail this will take quite some analysing. But I know I need to.

***

So, Supernatural.This books is all about the range of human experiences that shamans experience and how they are common to ALL societies, at ALL times, including our own. That the spirit world exists and interacts with our own. That every society has shamans who experience interactions with the spirit world, drug induced or not.

I am currently reading about the similarities between alien abduction and shamanic trips to the spirit world. It is very compelling to me and feels right.

It seems many people who experience these happenings do not remember but that they tend to have had certain types of experiences within their life and these happenings can be accessed via hypnosis. 1 in 50 people, at least. So what is the probability for me? Not bad, given my life.

So, the experiences often begin in childhood. The spirit guides often make themselves known in the real world first. People who spontaneously become shaman often have a period of illness or of mental unhappiness and this is often accompanied by intense dreaming. They often have unexplained scars.

Well I can't remember things but, I do often get that feeling of falling back into my body as I wake up. I remember feeling that as a child too. I also wake up sometimes, with that feeling I have been somewhere wonderful. I experienced a long period of illness in my teens which culminated in a nervous breakdown, so I experienced both of the life events that can be symptoms of the change in to a shaman. I definitely get the dreams.

I have a long thin scar on my left breast, above my heart. I have always had it but yet no one remembers how it got there. It was there all through my childhood. My Mum, who is medically trained, shrugged her shoulders and told me it was probably a cat scratch or something that resulted in scarring because of it being on sensitive skin.

The Medicine Cards recently revealed that my totem animals have a strong canid bent, with dog, wolf and coyote walking along side me. What better animal to have entered my life as guide than a dog? And there was one. A stray we found on the way home from school, that bonded very strongly with me and who, everyone agreed, was a dog in a million. She knew. She always knew. As I coped with my illness, walks with her, on the hill, were my only solace. She turned up shortly before I got ill, no more than a year before.

Other things in the book, so far, just resonate with me. One of the most shocking was in the colour pictures. Included are some paintings of scenes from the trances of a shaman. In the very first of these is a figure, a sleeping green, voluptuous lady, on her side. As my painting of myself in BIG I painted a sleeping lady, on her side in a very similar pose. Mine is less voluptuous but that is not because of the image in my head being very different, it is because of my aversion to my own weight. The skin colour is also different and the arm placement is slightly different. But I look at her and feel that she is too similar to ignore and she sleeps in the background of this shamanic painting.

I have just read about how some shaman are given books of knowledge. I too, have been given a book, but in my dreams.

Supernatural looks at trance as a route into the spirit world, but what about dreams. I know I am a dreamer, maybe, just maybe....?

So... I am going to start Sam Eagleman's book Incognito next and I know he talks about all the things our brain gets up to without letting our conscious mind know. I don't think my oh so logical consciousness can cope with some of this stuff, very easily because it does not fit with it's view of how the world works (and that view is very important to me! Last time it broke, so did I). Supernatural is helping expand my view so that these events are possible, so that if I were to believe, a little bit, it would not break my world apart. if it had happened to me, I would expect my brain to filter it out. My consciousness often filters out emotions. It can be very good at it. I have had to learn how to unfilter some of these messages.

It also helps explain a dream a while back in a different light. I asked about my lack of energy (which has since improved dramatically and I no longer feel the cold in the same way) and the dream message came back as something along the lines of we didn't know, we will fix it. I interpreted this as higher consciousness.... but.....

You see, I know, most people who read all of this, who make it all the way to this point, will be my friends, who share similar world views, who won't think I am crazy. A lot of other people would read this and think I am crazy.... Maybe I am. I don't really care. Time to think about going to work....

10 comments:

mel said...

happily, i'm your friend and don't think you're crazy...LOL!

really, really interesting stuff here. i agree that we don't know half of what we get up to when we're not paying conscious attention....

xoxox

Anonymous said...

hi Rose, i 'get' what you're talking about...most certainly not crazy.


'...Supernatural is helping expand my view so that these events are possible, so that if I were to believe, a little bit, it would not break my world apart. if it had happened to me, I would expect my brain to filter it out. My consciousness often filters out emotions. It can be very good at it. I have had to learn how to unfilter some of these messages....'

this i totally understand, its good to hear you speak of it. i've been going through a similar thing over the past few years..a very slow process which i'm now only beginning to see as happenings that are helping to open my consciousness..oh so slowly..because yes..i could imagine ending up on a psych ward lol..if what i'm experienceing now had been the start of it rather than a gradual integration. sounds a bit vague but its so difficult to put into words. but yea its the same stuff..on a shamanic level.. to do with dreaming..visitations..animal mostly..messages.

interesting too that you mention alien abduction and shamanic trips. i had a dream once a few year ago now..one of those that stays with you, it's essence feeling oh so real. i found myself with people i couldnt really see in a very sterile environment..very hi-tech..i was going to be operated on..but there was no dependancy or vulnerability that i've felt in hospitals before operations.. i was called for and 'walked' to the operationg theatre.. the likes of which i've never seen before.. i knew i was safe.. i was awake throughout..and felt no pain.. and then i left with a huge pile of bloody rags that i had to take, myself, to an insinerator to be burned. now thing is they were operating on my uterus.. i have a very large fibroid growing in my uterus wall..my moontimes were excruciating. not any more! i wouldnt say i think i've been abducted and operated on lol.. but it most defiantely has some major personal significance.

loved the comment you left on my last post..really got me thinking! unfortuantely they were lost when blogger was down.. i've reposted the post but not got the comments. i've treated myself & ordered the book you mentioned. gona check out 'incognito' now too :-)

i also have a canine spirit animal whos been with me, in the background, all my life :-)

so, if you're crazy.. then i am too :D but i'm feeling this is part of my reality, more strongly with every day.

believe, sweet lady xx

p.s. it's david eagleman..or at least thats the only book called 'sum' i could find on amazon and it sounds like the one you mentioned in your comment.

really enjoyed reading this post...look how you made me ramble lol xx

Rose said...

Tee hee - I knew you would understand Mel!

Thank you Ari! I think there are some real similarities here between us.... Don't rush Supernatural, I think there is going to be some hard reading in there for you. I can guzzle a book in no time at all. If I wamted to, I could get through Supernatural in a weekend. But it would be too much to take, I read some everyday, but not oo much. I need time to adjust, to think...

And yes it probably is David! I forget names and most other things too really! *laugh*

I had the comments as emails so I reposted them for you. Glad to hear you were relieved of your pain.... I am sure we shall talk more about this book!

Anonymous said...

hi Rose, it was more 'Incognito' i was interested in reading. i've just had a peek inside supernatural on amazon and not sure about it. i done a lot of magic mushrooms in my younger years lol, and at present reading about hallucinogens and experiences using them, doesnt really draw me. but saying that it may do one day.. so i'll keep it in mind.

Rose said...

*laugh* fair enough! It isn't all mushrooms.... it moves on to shamanism, spirits, UFOs and fairies and I have no idea what ekse... yet....

Incognito will be begun once I finish, which will be a bit of a change for sure! Looking forward to it!

Suzi Smith said...

heh, heh, my favourite ladies gathered together in the same ward here! I read supernatural straight through then started again & read it slowly... you're much more disciplined on this than me rose!

So much more than hallucin-whatsits (cant spell it) ari, but think you'd find it interesting. Its on my 'books everyone should read' list, lol

Have you read any of lynn mc taggarts books rose? I haven't yet, but they relate scientific/metaphysics to the esoteric... perhaps that would help your brain compute it?

So interesting to read your experiences... and yours ari... been thinking for a while was time to start writing about some of my 'stuff'...

Anonymous said...

Rose, the way you describe it there, it sounds similar to a book i once read called 'the occult' by colin wilson. great book to read if you come accross it. i will most def keep supernatural in mind..just not feeling that pull towards it yet. looking forward to icognito too..gona finish these short stories first. i read a couple a day.. they disturb me too much to read any more than that ha.. good disturbance though..opens new pathways..and am still making my way through boudica..dreaming the bull..enjoying the story.


lol suzi i'd have sectioned myself years ago if i'd known the company was going to be so good! yea..i've been thinking about that too..but not sure where to start with the telling of stuffs... & theres so much that is ongoing that not sure i want to share that stuff yet..ya know til it feels more intergrated...

Rose said...

Ah Suzi - Lynn McTaggart's The Field i snow winging it's way to me for less then £4.... I am forming a serious non-fiction book queue but this is a really interesting thread I am following at the moment. So much grist for the mill! And you should write more of your stuff for sure!

Ari - Those Boudica books look interesting but I seem to be reading much more non-fiction right now....

Suzi Smith said...

Have just been looking at manda scotts site & blog... hmm... i want(!) those boudica books.... and a few of her courses would be good!! but....lol.

I set an intention about shamanism & dreaming a while back, & things click or information comes as & when i'm ready.... it's not something that will be rushed.

i often think i really really need/want some book or to talk to someone particular, but then whatever it is, reveals itself before i do so doesn't seem so important anymore or i realise i know it but just hadn't framed it in that way.

Anonymous said...

hi ladies...

'...i often think i really really need/want some book or to talk to someone particular, but then whatever it is, reveals itself before i do so doesn't seem so important anymore or i realise i know it but just hadn't framed it in that way.'

Suzi, same here! :-)
it's happening so frequently now..answers seem to be appearing very quickly to questions i frame in my mind...from various sources..opening books randomly..seeing animals...things people say...

did you see todays post on 'spiritual awakening process' blog....'The Importance of Symbolic Images in Spiritual Practice'. great read...and a few answers in there to recent musings lol.