Monday 2 May 2011

Something Blue (Books, Decorating and Creative Stuff)

So this is my last day off before I go back to work. There has been four bank holidays over two weekends and I was lucky enough to get the three days inbetween off as well. Hence the big DIY project.

So this final day sees three quarters of my floor finished and the varnish hardened to it's full diamondlike qulaities, apparently. The remaining quarter just needs it's final coat.... A couple of touch ups are required here and there with a little brush to cover up a few errants whisps of the navy floor paint. And then this phase is done! *does a happy dance*

So two days clearing the room. Then seven days taking care of the walls, ceiling and floor. Now hopefully one day of putting up the wardrobe.... *crosses fingers* I just hope our ceiling can hold the poles and that they don't rip it down or that we don't have to do some complicated and tricky jiggery pokery in the loft to make it all secure..... OK so we still have the massive washing and sorting operation as we filter the things we want back in to the bedroom. You should see our spare bedroom right now... Talk about overflowing *shudders*

I have not found an awful lot of time for other things this week..... But a few have crept in here and there. I have started a necklace that was a possible for my wedding but I think not. I intend to wear red and the necklace is in red beads and I think the two together would look...tacky.... there I said it.... Maybe in grey instead.... Or maybe one of these lovely cabochons on a silver snake like chain..... Imagine one of those lovely blue ones as my something blue.....

I have not really had time for 21 Secrets and I certainly have not felt like playing with paint in my free moments! So when I did have time towards the end of this week, I chose Natasha's Improvisation Station course as I knew there was a writing element. I have been thoroughly enjoying this and shall give it a post all to it's own when I finish the journal page that goes with it....

I have been reading as well. I finished Art is a Spiritual path and thoroughly loved this book. I wish I had a group of artists to share space with in the way she has. I love the idea of witnessing. Quite often this tendency we have to comment and be encouraging etc etc about others artwork and to receive about our own is not.... quite right. This idea of witnessing feels good. I may not have the group thing going but I am determined that I should spend time with my creations and write down what they say to me from now on. Starting with my journal page a la Natasha, when it is done....

I have read as much of Dancing the Dream as I am going to anytime soon. Basically, it divides spiritual progress into seven paths. The first and second made no sense to me what so ever, I felt no spark of knowing as I read about them. I identified with the third, fourth and fifth but on starting the sixth path, it is clear this a step to far for me. I am nowhere near the six path and I have no desire to read about it or the seventh. It is enough to know they are there... I need as it is to let the three paths I identified with simmer for a bit and then re-read them. There is so much in this book to digest!

I am reading Supernatural at the moment. Again after reading the introductory chapters I had to let it rest a while. Basically his idea is that hallucinatory drugs were responsible for the evolution of birth of art and spirituality within the human race. That is a really, really big thing and I had to sit with that idea for a bit and let it take root, or not. As it happened, it has, I can see it and this is now part of my personal world view and I am continuing with the book. I don't think it will be the only perceptual challenge waiting for me within these pages....

The Medicine Cards have become part of my regular practice. They are so much more friendly and helpful than tarot it feels....

The magpie book.... not read much of this at all. I read the first chapter on territories and I have enjoyed watching the magpies and seeing how it works. It has expanded my view of their world. When I am ready I shall read another chapter or two and observe some more....

i also did my dreamboard for the last full moon and need to post about that. Boy is it a more hectic one than some of my past ones! A lot going on there. Fiery volcanic stuff, paths through undergrowth, bluebell woods, a baby scan image, a wild wolf, a VW van and it goes on.... Obviously a lot going on in my head right now....

1 comment:

mel said...

it's brilliant to hear about all your goings-on. funnily, i just picked up Art as a Spiritual Path again last night...it had been resting as well. I was doing a painting today that wanted witnessing so it all led me back to there...

my Oracle/Meditation cards have completely replaced my poor neglected Tarot -- the are just SO much more in line with how i seem to move through the world...and i can always count on them for great insight...

can't WAIT to see/read about your journal pages, Moon board...

much love...xoxo