Saturday 30 April 2011

Getting Somewhere Nice

I am not sure how much more of my bedroom I can take.....

The floor has just received a coat of varnish, it's second, which was preceeeded by three coats of paint and a good scrubbing. The problem is, only half of the floor is finished, the other half is dirty and covered in bed still. It is soooo time consuming painting a floor.... And buying the wrong colour paint and tooing and froing with paint chips etc is time consuming too.

We have a tiny bit of gloss work to do and then it is just the other half of the floor, right from scratch. But I have to wait for the varnish to get rock hard before I am prepared to move the bed.

Not convinced that the wardrobe will go up before I go to work Tuesday.... *sigh*

Then we have four pallets to come home, sand, undercoat and paint and we shall have our new bed! yay! These pallets are very high quality ones and the slats are even and frequent and they are not a standard size being a metre by a metre. Four of them will give a platform the perfect length for our mattress but with a bit of platform sticking out on either side, perfect for putting a mat on to hold my drink and my glasses and phone overnight.

Sometime soon, F will be renamed H! Not sure if I mentioned but F and I are finally getting married. We have a day, a church and a reception venue but I can't do the invites yet because we still are not a hundred % sure of times and won't be till the vicar gets his forms back and meets up with us. So much to do and it is all good!

I am still doing 21 Secrets but doing the bedroom has put me off playing with paint this week really and not left much time either. might have a look at one of the more wordy classes.....

I had nice post today.... We have a Tesco clubcard so we get points. Recently I heard that if you go online you can find out if you lost any vouchers before you spent them. i had a few and it built up to a nice little sum. I bought a National Geographic subscription for £11 and I spent £20 on £60's of vouchers for Pizza Express, yum!.

3 comments:

Suzi Smith said...

Congrats on the wedding plans Rose!! yaay x Hmmm... new bedroom for new status??!!

Rose said...

Thank you!

*laugh*

New bedroom because our old wardrobes had died of damp some time ago and needed chucking badly. No clothes we actually wear have been stored in them for nearly a year.... Next door had an accident with some water and it took a loooong time for the damp to seep through and finish seeping through. New bedroom because we never ever sorted it before and it needed it sooo badly. We needed it soooo badly.

mel said...

i know it's been a hard slog but is sounds SO lovely...and i know it's something you've been wanting to do for a long while.

YAY - on the wedding details... JOY!!

xoxox