Monday 25 April 2011

Work

Today I lack the will to work. My thumb and right shoulder hurt. I had to get up in the night and take ibuprofen. I got up and was thinking of filler and things as I ate breakfast. F came down to find me on the sofa, not moving. We agreed to delay the start of work.

I never got to it though. Instead I went upstairs for a nap. I really needed it. F woke me up eventually so he could paint the ceiling and I stayed in bed for a while watching before I figured it was time I got my behind out of there and left him to it.

So what do we have left to do? Maybe another coat on the ceiling and one or two coats on the bit between the picture rail and ceiling. Another one and a half coats of the blue on the walls. All the woodwork. Filler on the top of the window alcove. The floor to be scrubbed and painted with however many coats. Putting up the wardrobes. Getting the pallets, sanding and painting them to turn them into a bed. Painting the furniture for the room, namely chair and bookcase as well as a printcase for the wall and removing rust and painting the metal trunk....

Then we have all the damp clothing to sort and wash and put away or recycle. To dress the bookcase with carefully chosen books and bits and bobs to make it look pretty. The walls to put pictures on, including some we have taken ourselves which need selecting and printing and framing. Then I have to find small objects for the print case....

I was hoping we would make it to Ikea during the week as well, not on a bank holiday or weekend though. It is a long way to our closest one so needs to be on a quiet day.... I want to getthe curtain wires, curtains and a blind....

Then I need to finish making the rugs. Make a bead mat. Make some window decorations, maybe a fake wave stained glass thingy for one of the window panes out of a shrinky dink sheet I have and a mobile.....

No way will I have all this done by the time I go back to work but as long as the bulk is done, I can slowly make the last few things.....

but to be honest, all this stuff pales into insignificance next to those walls.... They are such a blue. So pale it is almost luminous in some lights. It is the blue of an early morning sky or a sunny day sky with a haze.... And the room suddenly feels so light and free....

3 comments:

mel said...

lawd, but that sounds a daunting list of to-do's...but the paint colour..*swoon* -- glad it's lightening the room...

xo

Leone said...

the blue sounds lovely. One step at a time, as they say and all the work will be so worth it. *hugs*

Rose said...

It is lovely and I am falling in love with my bedroom for sure but it has all ground to a halt today - it seems we needed a day of! Yay!