Sunday 3 April 2011

21 Secrets: Becoming Brave


So this weekend saw the beginning of 21 Secrets and I decided to go for it. With 21 classes, it is kinda hard picking what to do first... So I signed up for all of them. Except I managed to miss one. So I decided that I would do that one first and it was a class called Becoming Brave by Erin Kenepp.


The end product of this class is a journal with a cover and four dividers to act as a jumping off point for Becoming bravE. I enjoyed doing this class because it is lovely to see how other people work and create their effects. It was great to look at this because it helped me understand what I should be doing with some of the things in my art stash....


The other great thing is that it helped me become unstuck.....


A while ago I had an idea. I don't much like being fat. Fat is not pretty or healthy so it is sometimes hard for me to love my body. But as I look at myself naked I have begun to see that some of the lines of my body are beautiful in their symmetry. I had the idea of photographing myself and using those lines as the basis for abstract colourful pieces of art. But I never got round to doing it....


I signed up for Jamie Ridler's Sparkles as well and unfortunately the first prompt was to take a photo of yourself. It just didn't happen. And it got me stuck on the whole Sparkles thing too....

So in Becoming Brave, when I got to the Body tab I groaned. Photo's of myself. oh dear..... but I eventually went and took them - sometimes you just have to give in when life is kicking you to do something. So I took F's camera and went to the bedroom and discovered a fun setting that allows you to create blurry photos.


I had a bit of fun and I chose to use a photo F took of me at Watergate Bay after visiting Fifteen and a blurry photo of my face. I also got a stack of photos that I can use for my other project. Plus a few that will definitely NEVER see the light of day! I am so glad that the days of sending film to the developer are gone!


Anyway, I remembered as I was off to bed that I might have just closed my laptop rather than switching it off. So I asked F to check it for me. Before he went to work this morning we were chatting and it seems I had left one of the photos open on my desktop, which caused him to go exploring all of them *blush*

*laugh*
So a good class for me and combined with other things, all good. Got me moving in sooo many ways!

3 comments:

mel said...

oooooh!! these are gorgeous pages!! absolutely lovely!

((hugs)))

Natasha said...

I LOVE these pages!!! They are simply gorgeous...there was something about the "Ride the Wave" page and the "Love" page that really grabbed me.....and those photos that you took...well, you have no inspired me to take the class AND try those photos - what an awesome idea. Beautiful work, Rose! So beautiful!

Celeste said...

Your pages are lovely. I have not started the class yet but you have inspired me to do so. I have just finished the collage,paint and soul and have posted on my blog that creation. What fun!!!