Saturday 23 April 2011

Progress

Today we destroyed all the furniture in my Grandma's bedroom suite. Two wardrobes, a chest of drawers and a bed frame. There was also two bedside tables but we left them next to the wood skip at the dump, hoping someone would fall in love and take them home.

F used the power of gusto with great effect.

Three trips to the tip. A trip to a local truck stop for a fry up. A shopping excursion for supplies for the next few days with no shops and our continuing efforts.

I was so tired after all this, I gave up and retreated to the bath with a book but later I felt bad at not finishing my tasks for today. I needed to scrape the flaky plaster back to healthy plaster and then fill in. Except I didn't make quite enough filler up so I need to do a little more before bed.

If I do this tonight, it might be dry enough for us to do the mould treatment tomorrow. If I don't do it tonight, then there is no chance of mould treatment tomorrow. The treatment needs to be left on for five hours and then sponged off before letting the walls dry. Given it is our bedroom, we need to do this first thing to reduce the chance of it being stinky at bedtime.

Tomorrow will be an easier day though than today. Today was tough and physical but we had no choice because the tip is not open much over Easter. But we are on track. Tomorrow I might have some time and energy for some art.

2 comments:

mel said...

fabulousness!! glad things are moving along!!

xo

Rose said...

Indeed they are! XXX