Sunday 3 April 2011

21 Secrets: Playing with Pattern



So next, I played with pattern with the help of Debra Cooper. And I just love this class soooo much. I like geometry and shape and line and pattern very much. I think it is the science geek / maths geek in me. I remember once I bought some beautiful cloth for a project that was made using batik I think but the patterns were just so lovely and so layered and looked so tricky. It never occurred to me that I could do this, or how.

Now I know....

SO I guess the thing I love most about this, next to how wonderful the results are, is just how many ways you can use it.... A real versatile technique and now I want to buy some medium stuf you can mix with acrylics to turn them in to fabric paints.... and I want more chunky stamps and more stencils........ and spray paints.....

4 comments:

mel said...

*GASP*

you wretch...you are becoming an excellent salesperson for this course.....:P

xo

ps. gorgeous, obviously.

Leone said...

All your art from these two courses it wonderful. You are tempting me as well!!

Rose said...

This pattern one is my most fav so far that I have looked at...... And it is a very good set of courses and excellent value....

Natasha said...

I'm SOOOO excited to take this class....it's out of control!! I LOVE, LOVE, super LOVE your patterns!!! Mel and Leone you should come play...I'm being selfish I know but I just want you to come play with us!!