Monday 23 May 2011

A Good Day

I had a good day today. Well a bit more than good really....

I had a day off. Always a good thing (unless you have to go to the dentist)

I had to go and meet the lady that I want to make my wedding dress. I had a lovely time. we looked at cloth and she drew some sketches. A cheap sketch and an expensive sketch. I of course fell in love with the expensive one.... I left with prices.

My folks are on holiday but with the aid of mobile technology I called them anyway and my Mum said she would text back my Dad's reply. Apparently he turned a little white around the gills but said yes! yay!

Off I went into the big bustling city of Truro (I have known many a town bigger than Truro but it has a cathedral you know!) I bought Lush goodies. Posted the wedding shoes back that don't fit. Bought some beads for my bedroom. Bought arty things (cardy stuff to make stencils / masks, re-positining spray stuff so the stencils will stick but be removable. interference red paint and coal tar medium). Bought more pieces of cur glass wonderful-ness.

Then called the lady back to say yay! we got the go ahead. and I ended up going to see her again to be measured.

Then I went to Tesco and bought tea and bumped in to a friend and his wife and had a good chat and showed them (mostly her) my fabric. Then I came home and spoke to my Sis and discovered that the Loreena McKennitt cd I ordered months ago has arrived.

All good... but...

The designer is incredible - she has designed to make me look thin.... An aubergine skirt and top with a full length coat over the top in aubergine, red and cognac. And it is all sooo lovely. My niece is going to get a stunning dress as well.

But she is a great person to. So full of life and talent and vibrant and interesting.

She started not by discussing the clothes but by discussing posture and giving me some exercises to make sure I glide down that aisle. Later on she told me my correct bra size and explained how they actually should fit. Later still she did some NLP with me (expect the unexpected - dress and hat designer / NLP practitioner) looking at my body image and weight loss and food habits. Inbetween I drank herb tea made with sage fresh from her garden and played with her dog. But mostly I just had fun!

It is all just sooo exciting! *does a happy dance*

4 comments:

Leone said...

Sounds like a great fun day. When are you getting married? It sounds wonderful, what you doing for preparations. I like your idea for candles and glass on the window ledges. Look forward to seeing photos of it all. Your dress sounds really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

:-)smiling at your gladness. sounds wonderful.. glad to hear about your good day. and your outfit sounds beautiful x

Suzi Smith said...

sounds like you couldn't have found a better 'designer'!

Rose said...

End of August and it is all great. F might need to change his name though to H.... *laugh*