Wednesday 4 January 2012

Root of the Tooth

Yesterday I went to the hospital. I had been brave at my prelimiary appointmen and elected to have a local anasthetic rather than a general.. i was calm but over time a little nervousness crept in - mostly fuelled by other peoples stories, and nightmares.

The removal of my troublesome wisdom tooth was easier than the staff even expected. They had to make no cut. The staff got the right angle and the tooth let go. I was in and out within fifteen minutes.

I had no right to expect that!

As they worked on my mouth first injecting and then removing. I closed my eyes and focused on breathing deeply. I may have let out a tiny whimper when one of the injections touched a nerve, but that was it.

So I came home, with swollen mouth and had the joys of numbness. F and I stopped for coffee and chatted, well I had water in a bottle.... We laughed. I think 'steb in pubbles' was my favourite and we giggled about that few times throughout the day. As for the numbness - I explored the sensation of drinking from a bottle and only being able to feel half of the bottle. And touch, I had to touch all round the area. And I had to get F to touch it too.

Once the injections wore off, it hurt, of course. I always find pain draining. I always find that healing requires sleep. So off I went to sleep. Then I got up and bathed and read and then I slept some more. I am glad I booked today off too though. There is no 'good' reason for me to be off today but I still feel drained and I have more sleeping to do.

I don't think my work place understands the wisdom of time off and being gentle with yourself. I think sometimes my willingness to use my holiday for things like this and to take more than I need and then 'waste' it on sleeping seems a little odd. But I have spent so very many years being ill and sleeping. Now I am more gentle with myself, I get ill a lot less. I have not had a cold in some time for instance, whereas most of my colleagues have colds that drag on all winter and into the spring.

But today i really hope my new book arrives... The Sun and the Serpent was the first to be despatched and it could very well arrive today. I have been thinking about earth energies and the like a fair bit these last few days and I am not finished yet.

No comments: