Monday 2 January 2012

Small Things

So here are a few more beautiful things including lots of Magpies and a few other assorted birds... Snippets...

As I walked into the garden to leave my offering at my parents house and say my good byes, I heard the clack of a Magpie. So before I went to do what I needed to do I walked towards it. I got to the edge of my parents property and saw them in a tree in the field beyond, two little magpies, chatting away happily to each other.

Christmas Eve saw me not getting out of bed early as we arrived so very late the night before. Christmas Day I took little dog out and became quickly aware that lots of birds were flying over, in small groups, and settling in a tree over the road. The tree was getting fuller and fuller until eventually a flock took off and swirled around. The starlings were all around, flying round and round the house and they were obviously feeding in the fields around.

Boxing Day I saw the starlings begin their day again, roosting in the same tree. I did not see them roosting in that tree again but they were still in the vacinity. Given my recent synchronicity with flocks... The name flockhart jumped out me again, from the radio this time as well...

On the morning of the Winter Solstice, I went up big hill. Not to watch the sun rise though as it was far cloudy to see anything! It was windy and I had little time but I did get out of the car. As I did so, a magpie took flight from by the monument. It was a lovely moment.

My local flock has had to survive without me. I was concerned to begin with but then I thought about it and realised that these birds have been stashing the food I give them for quite some time now. They have a whole set of little stashes to see them through till I return. I gave up giving them my food as I started buying extra to give them! So now I have a bag of bird seed in my boot for them which I scatter on the grass. This has been really good as the Crows are a lot less aggressive over birdseed and the magpies are able to feed much more easily. The same goes for gulls, a large Herring Gull occasionally joins in but doesn't stop any other birds from feeding. Not getting flocks of gulls is definitely a bonus....

Books! I ordered januaries books yesterday. Two books on the medicine wheel - because I need to adds ome breadth to my seeds of knowledge. I need help and I can not be too demanding of those around me who are helping. Going to people and saying, tell me everything, is not what those people need! They have written a lot about the wheel but I want more....

I also ordered the Sun and the Serpent which is about the St Michael and St Mary ley lines. I have come across this book several times and never brought it. It is however accepted as the definitive book about these lines and is often quoted. I am interested in them and want to learn more, particularly as they are so much a part of my local environment...

I ordered the Starseed Transmissions for curiousities sake. Such things are right on the very edge of my comfort zone, maybe even a step beyond it....

I also ordered a book called Maths for Mystics which is an introduction to sacred geometry. I have a long standing interest in geometry so this seems a really good thing to look at further.

dreams have been a little thin on the ground in some ways while away. I didn't have many big dreams and when I woke I did not remember any dreams as such. Except that throughout the day, things would happen and I would remember something and not be sure if I had dreamt it or not. Sometimes I had, and other times it had actually happened. I did have one big dream that was a follow on from another dream and at some point I shall write about these two dreams.

I also found a nice long piece of kyanite in a shop which now sits in my pocket. This is especially good as it can go to work with me. My niece brought one two, and I hope she uses it, as it would be a good stone for her.

while out with my niece that day I had another odd experience. We found a book shop as I decided to have a look and see if any books appealed for the journey home. As we went in I thought 'Sheri S Tepper' or at least, I heard that thought anyway. And lo and behold I did find an ancient second hand copy of one of her books tucked away on the bottom shelf....

Oh and my wisdom tooth comes out tomorrow. For some reason I was feeling brave and elected to have it done under a local, not a general. I do wonder if that might have been a mistake....

No comments: